A2 new firmware v2.0

DJI is going to release a new firmware for A2 soon. Check the below new features.

What is new?

Firmware
1, Support of both PC and iPad Ground Stations, providing 50 waypoints for use. To utilize the Ground Station function, please connect the Air End of the Datalink module either directly to the port labeled ‘CAN2’, located on the A2 Controller unit or the ‘CAN’ port, located on any modules which are already connected to the ‘CAN2’ port using a CAN-Bus cable.
2, Support of a remote configuration feature by using the DJI Assistant App on iOS through Bluetooth.
3, Support of the DJI Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal.
4, Option to dedicate nose or tail direction to point towards Home Point while performing the Go-Home procedure.

Assistant Software
1 Option to dedicate nose or tail direction to point towards Home Point while performing the Go-Home procedure on the Failsafe page. The tail of the aircraft points towards Home Point when performing Go-Home by default.
2, H3-2D channel added to the Channel Mapping page, specialized for the H3-2D gimbal pitch control.
3, Channel Mapping button added to every page for convenience.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJI Released A2 Firmware 2.0 beta

DJI Released A2 Firmware 2.0 beta, Assistant Software 1.1 & Quick Start Guide 1.10!
What’s new?
Firmware

• Support of Ground Stations, providing 50 waypoints for use. To utilize the Ground Station function, please connect the Air end of the Datalink module either directly to the port labeled CAN2, located on the A2 Controller unit or the CAN port, located on any modules which are already connected to the CAN2 port using a CAN-Bus cable.
  • Support of a remote configuration feature by using the A2 Assistant App on iOS through Bluetooth.
  • Support of the DJI Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. (The firmware of the H3-2D should be upgraded, which is coming soon.)
  • Option to dedicate nose or tail direction to point towards Home Point while performing the Go-Home procedure.
  • A control mode indicator added to the system, the LED will blink blue when the aircraft is utilizing the Ground Station function.

Assistant software

• Option to dedicate nose or tail direction to point towards Home Point while performing the Go-Home procedure on the Failsafe page. The tail of the aircraft points towards Home Point when performing Go-Home by default.
  • H3-2D channel added to the Channel Mapping page, specialized for the H3-2D gimbal pitch control.
  • Channel Mapping button added to every page for convenience.
  • Display RC STATUS in the bottom of the DJI Assistant page.
For more information, please visit DJI home page!

hexacop

HexaCop
Hi DJI folks,
this is great news but many of your customers would be more than happy to see full support of PPM and not only 8 channels.
Can you comment on this?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
DJI Released A2 Firmware 2.0 beta, Assistant Software 1.1 & Quick Start Guide 1.10!
What’s new?
Firmware

• Support of Ground Stations, providing 50 waypoints for use. To utilize the Ground Station function, please connect the Air end of the Datalink module either directly to the port labeled CAN2, located on the A2 Controller unit or the CAN port, located on any modules which are already connected to the CAN2 port using a CAN-Bus cable.
  • Support of a remote configuration feature by using the A2 Assistant App on iOS through Bluetooth.
  • Support of the DJI Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. (The firmware of the H3-2D should be upgraded, which is coming soon.)
  • Option to dedicate nose or tail direction to point towards Home Point while performing the Go-Home procedure.
  • A control mode indicator added to the system, the LED will blink blue when the aircraft is utilizing the Ground Station function.

Assistant software

• Option to dedicate nose or tail direction to point towards Home Point while performing the Go-Home procedure on the Failsafe page. The tail of the aircraft points towards Home Point when performing Go-Home by default.
  • H3-2D channel added to the Channel Mapping page, specialized for the H3-2D gimbal pitch control.
  • Channel Mapping button added to every page for convenience.
  • Display RC STATUS in the bottom of the DJI Assistant page.
For more information, please visit DJI home page!

Has the gimbal function been corrected?
Unpredictable flyaway?
Return to home slowed down?
GPS lock smoothed out?

We will see but I guess it will be left to us the crash test dummies to find out, cant be bothered about 50 waypoints or which way it comes home as long as it does and home aint somewhere it decides for itself!

Dave

Quinton

Think the title says it all.
[h=1]beta test[/h] A test for a computer product prior to commercial release.

If a computer crashes you re-install the operating system
If a Multirotor crashes...

At least they should pick a few members, give them free hardware and report back any problems BEFORE public release.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
[h=1]beta test[/h] A test for a computer product prior to commercial release.

At least they should pick a few members, give them free hardware and report back any problems BEFORE public release.

YUP in a really friendly type of world thats how it should happen. Example the Carvec 3 axis Gimbal controller. But that is a western weakness I suppose!

No need with all the people rushing and pre ordering DJI's beta crap. With the sales going strong no wonder they don't take the time to debug the code any more.

beta test

A test for a computer product prior to commercial release.

ddikie

Just upgraded to this version of the firmware and for some reason the voltage protection does not work it won't recognise that a battery is connected..bit worried about this..any suggestions?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
AHHHHHHHHHHG!!

DONT FOOKIN DO IT!

It scrubs everthubng, and when you try and rebind it wont work with spektrum... AND YOU CANT ROLL BACK!!!

SH!TE COMPLETELEY! I now have two duff units!

ddikie

Hi, I did not have the batteries connected at that time..it was later when i was entering all the settings that it said it no batteries connected..funny thing is I pulled out the servo lead from the PMU to the x1 of the FC and it worked fine..afterwards..so fingers crossed.

Reluctantly upgraded all components on the A2 Reset to factory defaults and then redid all settings. Unfortunately now the Bluetooth LED is only flashing red now, no other colors are present, it was a PITA to get the copter into compass calibration mode without any colored LED indications. Anyone have this issue?

JeffY

I am flying with A2 firmware 2.0 no issue at all. During the upgrade, you need to run upgrade 3 times as I recall, the upgrade is done one component at a time. After the upgrade, just needed to recal compass. I am also using the 2.4G ios GS for monitoring flight progress. I had about 20 flight without issue.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I am flying with A2 firmware 2.0 no issue at all. During the upgrade, you need to run upgrade 3 times as I recall, the upgrade is done one component at a time. After the upgrade, just needed to recal compass. I am also using the 2.4G ios GS for monitoring flight progress. I had about 20 flight without issue.

i wonder if any of this has to do with location, where are you at JeffY?

JeffY

Bartman, interesting point. I am in Hong Kong. May be being closer to china and DJI office seems to have it's benefit.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
What tx are u using?