A2 compass and GPS calibration, and other issues

Tahoe Ed

Old Man,

Just so I can clarify how you are trying to get into compass calibration, can I tell you how I do it. Start in Manual/Atti/Failsafe what ever your Tx is set up in the second position below GPS. Flip the switch to GPs and back to the starting position. That is one. Repeat 6-7 times and pause. The led should turn a solid color and you are now in a position to do the horizontal calibration. It takes a little more than 360 degrees, the led will change color then point the nose down and rotate again for the vertical calibration. The led will flash and you are done. If you get a series of red flashes, that is a fail and the calibration needs to be repeated. Do this in an open area away from any electrical or magnetic interference. I hope that helps. It shouldn't be that hard. Sorry you are having so much trouble.

Old Man

That was tactfully done Ed:)

That was helpful in establishing the calibration sequence is done pretty much the same was as with a Naza. I failed to mentioned I've worked with the Naza before on a Cinestar and done compass calibrations with that one without issue. The same over rotation condition occurs with the Naza, taking slightly more than 360* to complete the horizontal calibration and enter the vertical.

My mode switch is set up top to bottom as you describe with manual at the top position and GPS at the bottom. After system boot up the mode switch is handled like you stated, leaving Manual mode for Attitude mode and then initiating the triggering flipping sequence. I've tried every possible flip sequence between 5 and 12 flips a great many times without success, always obtaining the red fail sequence after doing so. I agree, it shouldn't be that hard, unless there is a fault somewhere in the system.

Thanks for your insight. The process hasn't worked but your information provides more clues to assist establishing if the issue is user generated or system deficiency.

Skyshots

I had issues trying to calibrate mine when i first got it, turns out i was just doing it wrong.. I was flicking mode switch as fast as I could trying to get blue calibration led to come on. turns out I was doing it to fast for to long lol. now I flick mode switch about 7-8 times then wait a couple of secs and goes into calibration mode every time now. not saying there is not anything wrong with your flight controller but they are temperamental little things and it pays to double tripple check everything before getting on the phone to a support line and making a fool out of yaself when there is actualy nothing wrong (speaking from experience...)

Did you have any issues with a constant yellow green light? referring to calibration issues? i can't seem to get into the calibration mode and i have heard its something t do withEnd points being slightly off.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Pat,
i was having problems yesterday and unplugging the gimbal while calibrating helped
there's a pause between each phase....it takes a few seconds after flipping the switch 6 times for the LED to glow blue letting you know to start the spinning and i got a double red flash when i was done but i think it was the satellites dropping out and not the calibration failing.

that LED is freakin' bright! your eyes must be burning from futzing with it!