A MOVI but at 1/10th the cost...possibly...

SMP

I spent even MORE time with the AV200/Skyline for a hvy lift and between the mechanical elements, carriers, guides, bearings and of course the Skyline... The only consolation is, I just caught a guy doing a conference with some full scale footage with the most horrific Jello that I almost forgave PH. It's bad no doubt but the truth is we judge much more harshly than our average consumer. That said, can't wait to get my life back and stop trying to get better than merely decent results from the bloody thing.

divertom80

Wow cool! Its weird seeing my design elsewhere. I naturally hope its all good and works out for you, please keep me posted with regards to any possible shrinkage etc. as for the AV200 its a tricky gimbal as it naturally does not level easily on the roll. But pitch is certainly doable.

SMP

Ok, negativity aside I DO think a conversion would be beneficial. The best part is that it doesnt have to be perfect!! It just needs to be better and frankly the bar is is set fairly low at this point. I don't think it will ever function as well as the smaller Alex/Martinez based gimbals BUT... if the Pitch was Direct Drive that would be nice. The Skyline does a fairly decent job on this axis and the servo belt combo works ok as well. No question direct drive would be better and relatively easy to mod if we hack out some of the roll cage for the motor mount. So Pitch = Better = Win! Roll is tougher or even easier. Cant balance direct drive with where the servo is currently mounted but I do think it would be fairly easy to mod the direct drive straight to the roll wheel. If the motor can tolerate being offset as long as the cam is balanced then again, result will likely be better. It's a challenge no doubt.

Bowley

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 445

xerofly

Ok, negativity aside I DO think a conversion would be beneficial. The best part is that it doesnt have to be perfect!! It just needs to be better and frankly the bar is is set fairly low at this point. I don't think it will ever function as well as the smaller Alex/Martinez based gimbals BUT... if the Pitch was Direct Drive that would be nice. The Skyline does a fairly decent job on this axis and the servo belt combo works ok as well. No question direct drive would be better and relatively easy to mod if we hack out some of the roll cage for the motor mount. So Pitch = Better = Win! Roll is tougher or even easier. Cant balance direct drive with where the servo is currently mounted but I do think it would be fairly easy to mod the direct drive straight to the roll wheel. If the motor can tolerate being offset as long as the cam is balanced then again, result will likely be better. It's a challenge no doubt.

subscribed to what you say....frankly we need better results...from the past

divertom80

Looks cool in white, the contrast to the black should make it look slik :) let me know if that pitch shaft fitting is too tight or too loose, either way its workable but I would make changes to the kit to then make it easier for future users. After all we are the beta testers and at the forfront of the brushless race :p

divertom80

No updates been super busy and dont think I have time to do it :( Looked at the AV200 and pitch can be doable but due to the way the av200 is the roll does not really level easily unlike the balance of the cs gimbal.

jrlederer

DiverTom,
i just PM'ed you via Shapeways messaging system. Please check when you have a minute as I don't have the patience to re-type the question again here.

Thanks,
jonathan

divertom80

DidI reply, sorry did not even get a notification that you had written on here. Just checking the forum randomly. Anyway I am on my phone with less than 3g signal and will recheck my shapeways pm page later today.