Hoverfly A flight nightmare with a happy ending ...

canopus

this is the story .. a week ago I did the Firmwareupdate V4.8 and immediately made all Acceleration and Temperature calibration..also trhrotle calibration made.
I went to fly and after 5 minutes flight without any warning suddenly made ​​a fast circle I thought that was throtle calibration and i made one more..so I noticed something else today I went to my parents' village for tour and to do one flight after having had perfect weather ... as you can see at the picture below i have made over 35 hours with hover fly pro without any problem..Never. i have NO GPS on board
View attachment 10365
After this unpleasant experience .. I returned again ..to old firmwere i made a 14 minutes flight and nothing happend..
see the video .. Comments and suggestions are welcome :tennis:

Attachments

• Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg
    Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 278
Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Thats totally normal. thats the new Hoverfly inflight auto yaw calibration. Kidding. Jeeze! Congrats on managing to keep that thing up in the air while it did that. I'm assuming all your props were fine? very odd. I'm definitely sticking with my old firmware. The fact that it recovered at all is very interesting. Cant wait to hear what the reason is.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
You need to listen to the ship carefully there are beeps happening just before and as it is spinning. Is that the FC board or something else? It sounds like the FC board to me. I wonder if you got out of range and lost the radio signal - you are up there quite heigh. How have you setup failsafe?

Last edited by a moderator:

yeehaanow

Wow. Good job.
I wonder what the HF beeping is about? Could the board have lost power, or had a signal loss? What is your failsafe set to do?

Stacky, there's no flight logs unless you have the gps board.

Stacky

Have things changed?. I have sent in a flight log in the past on a problem and I dont have a GPS board.

Check page 79 of the manual.

Wow. Good job.
I wonder what the HF beeping is about? Could the board have lost power, or had a signal loss? What is your failsafe set to do?

Stacky, there's no flight logs unless you have the gps board.

Aerovideo

Wow, I would have soiled my shorts literally! If that was LOS flying you sir have fantastic eyes. If that was FPV flight you then have an amazing sense of balance as I would have lost my stomach watching that with goggles on. Nice job keeping your cool and holding out till it stopped spinning. It was kind of like a rubber band, it got all wound up then had to unwind... weird.

Good thoughts from the other guys on failsafe, not sure what else it could be.

wow, just ... wow!

canopus

I like to Thank you all for your interest .. unfortunately due to the time difference will be slight delay, in my answers and apologizes.

canopus

Were you able to make a copy of the flight log to send to Hoverfly?
Stacky ...i will try to day to make this flight log but i am think that is lost because i have done a second flight after that with older firmware so my first flight with the problem has lost ?

Stacky

Yeah if you have done another flight or changed firmware the flight log will be lost. If you ever have a problem and can remember to save the flight log it helps Hoverfly solve the problem for you. Cheers

canopus

Thats totally normal. thats the new Hoverfly inflight auto yaw calibration. Kidding. Jeeze! Congrats on managing to keep that thing up in the air while it did that. I'm assuming all your props were fine? very odd. I'm definitely sticking with my old firmware. The fact that it recovered at all is very interesting. Cant wait to hear what the reason is.

Thanks for your comments ! All props have carefully balance both axes ..i think that to make upgrade again for me is a nightmare ..no more thanks !!!as you can see in the picture above i have almost 2 years with very successful flights without a single problem...this is happens right after the new firmware..i am 1000% sure that is a software malfunction ... immediately after I installed the older version .. I flew at the same place the same altitude ,same distance and nothing was happens all normal ...

canopus

Yeah if you have done another flight or changed firmware the flight log will be lost. If you ever have a problem and can remember to save the flight log it helps Hoverfly solve the problem for you. Cheers

Is a pity..I lost the only useful data ...:upset:

canopus

You need to listen to the ship carefully there are beeps happening just before and as it is spinning. Is that the FC board or something else? It sounds like the FC board to me. I wonder if you got out of range and lost the radio signal - you are up there quite heigh. How have you setup failsafe?
i have AR8000 receiver ..distance was 100-120 meters 80 meters altitude..never have problem with signal...on board i have 2 battery checker with very loud sound for safety ...my fail safe is middle position for throttle so if signal lost my ship stay in hover ...

canopus

Wow, I would have soiled my shorts literally! If that was LOS flying you sir have fantastic eyes. If that was FPV flight you then have an amazing sense of balance as I would have lost my stomach watching that with goggles on. Nice job keeping your cool and holding out till it stopped spinning. It was kind of like a rubber band, it got all wound up then had to unwind... weird.

Good thoughts from the other guys on failsafe, not sure what else it could be.

wow, just ... wow!

Paul i was very lucky this day...i flight with a 7inch display so I had the opportunity to look at the same time monitor and model .. I tried not to lose my temper and when I saw that it was falling vertically then I said to myself that I would landing ...
the worst was a half minutes of my life as a multicoper pilot ...