A couple of ground station questions

mmurfitt

Hey,
I'm looking in to 'Ground station' and have a couple of questions.
1. Is it possible to use Ground station to send the hexacopter to a specific longitude and latitude?
2. Can you create a flightpath template? Something you could use to have the hexa fly the exact same direction, orientation, elevation and speed?
3. Could you, theoretically, use multiple way points to spiral around a building or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lanzar

ground station?????
I would like to understand why is it easyer to ask ppl without doing some research. naza does not have poi support so you would need to buy wookond and nviev and poi licence and laptop to get started.

mmurfitt

Apologies, I'm obviously talking about the WKM-M as I'm wanting to replace my Naza.
And, I have done some research, but obviously not enough. I was only hoping to see how people use GS, and their experience of it.
I'd prefer to play with it personally, but since the functionality I want can't be tested unless you part with nigh on £1000 I thought I'd ask instead.

mmurfitt

Hey Swisser,
Cheers fella, appreciate it :)
Apologies for not replying to your email, I'll reply this week and explain why :)

Lanzar

well since you wrote looking for a groun station it looked like you need something for your copter to improve it.
in this case now wkm , nview 50 poi licence is capable off all these things. and it will be more like 2000 eur +
if you need i ca give you good price for 50 licence nviev.

hover.ch

Just be aware of the fact that while flying from one to another waypoint, you cannot adjust the direction of your MR (yaw). It always flies head-on (nose to the front). You cannot control yaw manually during waypoint flight too, a real issue if you want to do videos and you don't have a 3-axis gimbal. A limitation, I wasn't aware of until I bought WKM + Multi-WP / GS.

Compared to WKM, GS is not very robust and rather non-intuitive to use. That's my very personal experience though.

Actually the POI, i.e., Point of View feature is, according to my manual, a built-in feature of WKM and can be activated from the IOC function by your RC transmitter when properly configured. One does not need GCS to achieve that although it may be possible to activate POI from GCS as well. In it's most basic form when you fly with your RC transmitter, you can also connect your GCS. In this case you will have the realtime 3d GPS position of your MR for tracking purposes in a worse case scenario.

I tested this out today without taking control of the MR from GCS and here is what I was able to capture as a screen shot..... quite simple for the experienced GCS user but useful perhaps to others.

View attachment 9374

Attachments

• GCS 1st flight.jpg
    GCS 1st flight.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 308

hover.ch

POI is a R/C-contolled mode, as PeterLester mentions. It has nothing to do with GS, this mode is ignored in (GS) waypoint mode.
BTW: You first have to hover over your POI, then record it (the POI), then fly away (at least 10m?), now you're able to fly around this POI. As a standalone WKM feature that's pretty ok, IMHO.

However, what many folks would like to have is a POI feature in GS. A Point of Interest which is used to yaw at (using a 1- or 2-axis gimbal that means pointing the camera on the POI) and also controlling the pitch/nick accordingly. That's a common feature in the MK-world, something I'm reallymissing in GS.