DJI iOSD or TBS ezOSD with Wookong M with GPS

roryhinds

Please could some help me.
I'm trying to figure out which OSD to go for.

I have a DJI Wookong M with GPS and the 900Mhz Data Link.
Should I get the DJI iOSD that ties into the Wookong's GPS or do I get the TBS ezOSD that has its own GPS?

I'll also be using a ImmersionRC FPV 5.8Ghz 600mW Tx with a GoPro 3 and Duo 2400 Rx.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Please could some help me.
I'm trying to figure out which OSD to go for.

I have a DJI Wookong M with GPS and the 900Mhz Data Link.
Should I get the DJI iOSD that ties into the Wookong's GPS or do I get the TBS ezOSD that has its own GPS?

I'll also be using a ImmersionRC FPV 5.8Ghz 600mW Tx with a GoPro 3 and Duo 2400 Rx.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

I would go with the DJI because of the close intergration with the WKM, but wait for the MK2 it solves some video problems the Mk1 had

roryhinds

Does the iOSD tie into the Wookong's GPS? or does it have its own separate GPS in the unit?
I'm assuming it ties into the Wookong's but could be wrong.

Is it a bad thing to have 2 GPS units on a SkyJib? Too much interference or fighting for a signal?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Yes the OSD ties in the GPS data from WKM.

If you are doing this setup for a Skyjib i would go for the DJI OSD Mark II. Not only that it ties in the GPS data, once the new FW is out the IOSD will also have full logging features over the WKM syetm which is nice to have for debugging analysis so on.
Another thing it that the TBS ezOSD has a current/voltage sensor that has to be included into the whole setup, using that on a sky jib heavy lift hmm i wouldn't feel safe. Just to much current rushing through the little board.

Its not necessarily a bad thing to have two GPS units on a copter, just every component you can leave out believer me will make you copter safe cleaner and more reliable !

Boris

roryhinds

Thanks so much. I think its point me to the iOSD.

I'd love to get the DJI video link but it seems under powered so the range wont be as good as getting a Immersion RC 600mw 5.8Ghz Transmitter with Immersion RC 5.8Ghz Duo 5800 Diversity Receiver.

Is my logic correct?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmm what range do you want ? Big birds (skyjib) i personally don't take further away than max 200 meter anyways. The investment it just to big too much risk etc. Otherwise many times when it come to the video transmission the antenna play the biggest role ! 200mw 600mw 800mw all not so essential.

Boris

roryhinds

Yeah I agree, My skyjib will carry my Red Epic so I'll be playing it safe for sure.
I have a shoot planned in the mountains so lots of trees and obstacles so I've read the better stronger receiver the better the video link.

I'd like to have more than 200 meters to have the option of flying further or being able to fly through trees etc.

The IRC 600mW is meant to be a good fit for the Duo5800 Diversity Rx but I do love the plug and play of the DJI stuff.