70Amps 3 axis Alex Mos controller and DSLR gimbal

yeehaanow

It would be nice to have some more documentation and info on this board.

One question for starters is- what are the Motor ground pins for, and should they be connected to the motor case?

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
It would be nice to have some more documentation and info on this board.

One question for starters is- what are the Motor ground pins for, and should they be connected to the motor case?

No, you don't have to connect anything to the ground on motor port.

kloner

Aerial DP
it's just alexmos standard so the pins are the pins, etc. Only thing i don't like about this setup is the imi,,, it's not as high of quality pcb material..... as the viacopter brand. V, can we run the high amp board with a viacopter imu? the mounting hole is small and close to the edge, why they rounded the corners is beyond me, the material almost crumbles fastening it down

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
it's just alexmos standard so the pins are the pins, etc. Only thing i don't like about this setup is the imi,,, it's not as high of quality pcb material..... as the viacopter brand. V, can we run the high amp board with a viacopter imu? the mounting hole is small and close to the edge, why they rounded the corners is beyond me, the material almost crumbles fastening it down

Yes, you can run other IMU, like the viacopter.

I will talk to them on improving the imu.

kloner

Aerial DP
i just wired two axis together on the same output and it worked fine. had the motors backwards at first and it wasn't smooth, flipped two wires and never looked back

The other imu's do not work with the 70 amp board, not sure why, but they bring up a sensor not found and i2c pullups didn't fix it....

yeehaanow

HELP!! I'm having problems with this board all of a sudden. It seems to work fine handheld, but when I hook up RC control, it works for a little while then does a hard reset and sets everything back to default. I lose accel calibration and everything. Maddening!! What could be wrong? I need this for tomorrow.
I thought the +5 v on the rx inputs were over-amping, (it says 20mA) so I moved to power to external rx power from a BEC and unsoldered the jumper.

Any ideas??? Help is very much appreciated