600mW bad signal - horizontal black wavey line in middle of screen

having issues with my immersionRC 600mW TX on a diversity monitor. mounted on a TBS using their VTX mount. tried all channels and seem to be getting a dark horizontal line across the middle of the screen and the video is wavy. I am using a fatshark power filter with my gopro hero 3. plugging directly into the 4s lipo balance port to the filter and the camera hobbyking cable with video and ground plugged into Immersion VTX.

I have tried the stock whip antennas as well as spiroNET on the VTX and one spiroNET on RF1 on the monitor. Tried with no antenna on RF2 and also just a stock antenna on RF2 along with a SpiroNET on RF1. Messed about with antenna placement and tried a couple of different flying sites with exactly the same results. I thought installing a fatshark filter to "clean" the power would have helped, but it hasn't. I have even tried a seperate battery to power the VTX. I am powering the GoPro from its own battery - so it is just the video signal being sent to the VTX.

Is a black Horizontal line in the middle of the screen and common issue with the immersion VTX ? I don't have another VTX I could try.

Been at this now for days without any success, I'm beginnning to loose heart on the whole fpv setup.

Any suggestions. ?

Thanks
Raymond​

kloner

Aerial DP
is this a monitor or goggle setup? monitor, go into the menu, look for the pal/ntsc modes and flip through them all.... pal and ntsc has like 3-4 kinds of each one and sometimes you gotta change that setting to get it smooth

Its a skyzone diversity monitor. The menu button is only to change brightness/contrast/colour etc. Nothing for PAL/NTSC. I've ensured that I have the switches set for the Immersion 5.8 freq range. Every channel I get the same wavy dark band across the middle of the screen. Even using seperate power lipo without the quad actually being power up so it can't be power noise from the ESCs and motors.

kloner

Aerial DP
ok, try this the other direction, go into your go pro settings and switch it to pal and see if that works

made a little progress this afternoon. I noticed if I switch the gopro to any other mode other than video recording, the signal greatly improves, I will need to try it in the field. The gopro is just a stop gap until I fit my 650TVL Runcam. Just means I won't be able to record footage whilst flying fpv, but that isn't an issue for me at the moment, I would just rather have good quality signal to be able to fly. My gopro is set to PAL which appears to give better results than NTSC.

Raymond

kloner

Aerial DP
mine looked like this, was a hero2 with a little stereo plug in the side....

Last edited by a moderator: