2 different 2212 motors and 30A escs from DJI?

Hizlimax

I have been rocking with my F450 for over a month and have influenced 2 of my friends to get one as well. We all bought our quads from Flying Hobby and my 2212 motors and escs have different labels on them and their red aluminum color is also a bit different. The escs look identical except the red "30A" writing has a bit of a different shade. Similarly I just received my spare motor and esc from Helidirect and they are same as my friends...Is this something to worry about? Different producers maybe?

One more thing to note is that my kit came with red aluminum motor spacers and I was told by DJI that I needed to mount them between the motors and the legs. ("Yes, Cemil, please use it, otherwise, the long screw will probably hurt the motor.") However my friends' kits did not come with such motor plate. Anybody have any idea about this difference?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Nilüfer-20120917-00645 copy.jpg
    Nilüfer-20120917-00645 copy.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 155

kloner

Aerial DP
the last month or so i've been seeing a ton of flipping nazas in atti,,,,, it is motor/esc related. this is all starting to make more and more since

month ago i got 4 dji esc's and noticed one was in a different bag with different label, name, everything but i didn't think much of it

I bet they rebid the job over there since the retail prices were cut in half and are getting a different quality. even the naza how it has this sensitivity to light,,,,, probably all related

DesJardins

It's a real bummer for me so far. Flipping to the ground from more than 6 feet up has had me replace multiple props, front arms & 2 motors to make me feel better.

FPV gear is better off being put on my dog for a jog
:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Hizlimax

the last month or so i've been seeing a ton of flipping nazas in atti,,,,, it is motor/esc related. this is all starting to make more and more since

month ago i got 4 dji esc's and noticed one was in a different bag with different label, name, everything but i didn't think much of it

I bet they rebid the job over there since the retail prices were cut in half and are getting a different quality. even the naza how it has this sensitivity to light,,,,, probably all related

To give a little more info, after I bought mine, Flying Hobby was out of stock of F450s and my friends had to wait like a week for them to get new stock. So does this mean DJI changed the motors a bit even though the product code is the same? My friend's quad actually flipped over and crashed from 1meter hovering position and it was his 5th flight. Also at his maiden flight 1 motor was acting funny, but it got back to normal after I recycled the power. To be honest the motors on my quad look a bit better with the engraved writings and the one on my hand has a sticker on it, but I doubt that will really cut costs of production. Anyways, is there anyone who has or seen the motors I have on my quad :)? I have seen some pictures on the net with my motors and I'm sure Flying Hobby would not sell a clone product as I shopped there many times. Also has anyone seen such motor plates and why is it not included with the other motors if its that necessary? I will compare if they shortened the motor screws...

kloner

Aerial DP
in the pic, is it the one in his hand or the one on the quad?

i'm thinking this is all related..... is everybodys light inside the naza red colored when powered up?

DesJardins

in the pic, is it the one in his hand or the one on the quad?

i'm thinking this is all related..... is everybodys light inside the naza red colored when powered up?

It's the one "in hand"
My Naza box light is always solid red also.

kloner

Aerial DP
get some motors. it's your only real out....... I have brand new esc's, brand new naza and the other motors and zero anything but that drop deal. Heck, my nex-5 was on it the other night flyin around like a rock star. did it at sunset too, talk about risky

something kinda just came to mind....... the last kloners fpv rig i did used a 450 bottom plate. That rig ran really low amp draws. 1. i wonder if there still the same and doing that now and 2. wonder if that starves the new parts combos there selling making it kinda brown out a second, sometimes enough to get over and naza gives up upside down and shuts off anyway cause atti

kloner

Aerial DP
tell lou he owes you a deal on some ipowers so you can.

did you get these spacers in your kit? i've gotten them in the 330 a while back, drilled out to space the screws from hitting. Any chance you got that going on? Theres something in every kit right now that's causing this...... what is it?

DesJardins

No spacers came with my kit, I did look at the screws and I don't see them being too long.
Flying this high (not nearly as high as you guys are) is a dumb move on my part and I already took all my cam gear off.

I'll email Lou to see if he has any communication from DJI, they really need to buck up on this stuff because I have no problem warning everyone about these problems that aren't acknowledged by a company that was so well talked about and got me into MR's.

985A7E9E-24C9-4EB5-84F7-39DCC37429F9-87-00000000B8E04D27.jpg

Joffa_Dan

I've just finished building my F550 with the motors shown in hand (red lettering on stickers) and it's flying perfectly. Having said that I have less than 2 hours flight time, but this kinda makes me worry.
Des, did you have problems from the start, or did the motors all of a sudden start playing up?

DesJardins

One motor was bad out of the box and it was verified by swapping motors.

Then 20 good flights and all of a sudden it flipped to the ground after 1 minute of flying.
I was VERY lucky that I was only 10-12 feet high vs the 150 the prior flight

DesJardins

Oh it's been submitted... I don't expect to see a validation on something like this.
I got a replacement motor & ESC but that only helps on the first flip