1.3 FPV. No Range, No image quality. MULTI ROTOR FPV GODS PLEASE HELP.

At the moment Ive been using a Japan FPV recorder to show the video. I have a 10.2 plye screen the same as quadrocopter sells which i can test it on. Just waiting on wires, connectors and heatshrink from hobbyking to wire up and test.

Macsgrafs

I had this problem with 1.2Ghz gear for some reason, couldnt get more than 20ft before loss of picture. My advice is leave the VTX set on a channel & put your craft a few metres away, then walk about 50ft+ away & with the VRX, keep changing channels to see if they make any difference. I have a 5.8GHz set that is seriously wrong, I need to be on a different RX channel to get a good pic! these cheap VTX's do blow the power o/p transistor very easily!

Do you have a UHF scanner? I have one that goes up to 1.5GHz, so its always handy to see exactly what frequency your gear is actually transmitting on.

Ross

kloner

Aerial DP
ryan, has this ever been turned on without an antenna installed? seems like something is shorted somewhere

Il try changing channels later today, see if it helps. I find it odd that only the 1.2 chanels seem to get reception, once i go up to 1.3 I dont get any reception.

Kloner: Nope it hasn't, made sure of that.