Second configuration

Kratos

Ok after first fail, now time is for second :) So my needs are minimum 20 minutes of flight with Hero 4 and gimbal in 3 ways.
here is my configuration, way out of budget, so now I will try to have same caracteristics with cheaper parts because this chinese Tmotors are overpriced.. View attachment 24891 View attachment 24892 View attachment 24893

Questions,
1. Because this is my firs build and I have no expirience with this, are these all components that I need?
2. I am building quadricopter and 2 motors need to be cw and two ccw? Same goes with props?
3. ESC calculate to battery and motors? I was using same as motors but I think they are overpriced too
4. What FC to use NAZA or some cheaper that is not programed?
5. This TAROT 680 Iron Man frame is it too small ? Although it is for hexa I will remove two arms for quad so I can have 120 angle between arms, go pro have very big angle of filming and I dont want props in video clip.

Now I am going outside, later I will do same caracteristics configuration with different brands (read cheaper) :D

Edit:
Yep it is too small for 14' props, 13' can pass with gap of 0.7 cm...

Edit 2:

Ok this is cheaper configuration and it can pass. It is in my budget.
1.Hover at 78% is that ok?!
2. If somebody can reccomend me different motors with better caracteristics in range of this price please tell me :)

View attachment 24911 View attachment 24912 View attachment 24913

Attachments

• configuration2.jpg
    configuration2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 488
  • configuration2-2.jpg
    configuration2-2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 376
  • configuration2-3.jpg
    configuration2-3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 403
  • list.jpg
    list.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 371
  • conf1.jpg
    conf1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 474
  • config2.jpg
    config2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 461
Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
78% is too high to hover, you should target about 55%. i'd also recommend a slightly higher KV value, with 380kv motors and 6S power I've found that they don't really deliver enough punch.

if you can't find a combination using 2 blade props you can alwasy have a look at three blade props to get the right amount of lift on smaller frames.

Kratos

I tested (in calculator) all motors from 300 to 400 KV in this price range with 1347 props, best is this one. But I found out that if I switch bigger props flight time is bigger off course because it is low KV motor. Anyway, automaticly I need to change frame, and bigger frame more money :D So I switch to 1355 and it was better but as you can see 75 % hover is too much. I will try with three blade as you say, if that doesn't help I will go with bigger props and bigger frame :)

Kratos

man I am procrastinating my quad... so I ordered my frame and couple more stuff so I will improvise in move, my work is hard so I didnt had time past months to made my first drone. Ok this is my configuration at the moment. My only problem is hover throttle how to fix it under 55% I tried with different blades in calculator but it change my flight time? any sugestion? 3-blade doesnt help much... batteries when I put less mah it brings up hover but it drops flight time...

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 372

Old Man

Might want to check your numbers again. You have the lightest 10A 6s2p battery in the world listed in the data.

Kratos

Might want to check your numbers again. You have the lightest 10A 6s2p battery in the world listed in the data.
you where right! I dont know it listed automaticly from calculator, I didnt check...

Ok here is updated blades and I put 4569g full weight incl. drive weight so it doesnt matter bateries weight because they are already calculated at full weight. Blades are 1575 carbon fiber.

-motors
-props
-esc
-frame
-FC
-PDB
-Reciver
-Gimball
-gopro4

Attachments

• test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 366

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You keep mentioning "quadcopter" and have 4 motors listed in ecalc, but is the 680 Hexacopter a...., well, a hexacopter, or am I missing something? :)

Kratos

I will remove 2 poles :D and it is not anymore 680 it is 810mm frame because of 15' blades :) look at last pictures it is updated and I am too lazy to bild new thread :D

Kratos

First why I cant upload image ?
and second on my motors box multistar 4014-320 said"THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS CHEMICALS KNOWN TO STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER, BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM" ! I am so nervous right now!?

Kratos

heheh you are now joking with me but i am serious :D What chemicals contains electric motor that are so dangerous... I will never buy from chinese again :D
Anyway I cant upload images?! Can you?

Windy

California is crazy. I get a CD from Pinnacle software and it has a warning with the disk "This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm" So now when I play a CD, I must wash my hand???
Based on California, you have to quit using your computer too.

Kratos

Californiaaa love :D
At last pictures are working :D Here is my configuration, I am waiting for blades 1555 CF and PB from Vulcan 250A. Do I need something else or did I miss something?View attachment 27345 View attachment 27346

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 289
  • aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 20160119_154236.jpg
    20160119_154236.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 266

Windy

Are you working from a build list? If not, how do you know these motors, props, and ESC's will do what you want.

Windy

Then I think you should consider a spare motor, ESC and lots of props. You will need solder, connectors, wire, shrink tubing.
How do you balance your prop and motors? You need to do both. I have no experience with that controller or Transmitter, but some require a encoder to work with certain controllers.