Video Transmitter

Idahobell

Banned
I have a Tarot 680pro with the GoPro Hero3+, Boscam 600mw 5km Tranmitter and Lilliput 329DW but my video reception sucks. The video breaks up at around 100 meters and I lose it all together shortly after that. Anybody have any suggestions for a better FPV set up with longer range?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Are you sure the vTx and vRx are on the same band, should be getting over a km with that setup.

What antenna's are you using?

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
And have you accidentally run the vTx with no antenna, that will surely kill a 600mW vTx.

Pete

Idahobell

Banned
It has the two antennas on the monitor that came with it and the single antenna that came with the transmitter. They are both on the same band. I just replaced the antennas on the monitor to the mushroom type but not anybody better.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It has the two antennas on the monitor that came with it and the single antenna that came with the transmitter. They are both on the same band. I just replaced the antennas on the monitor to the mushroom type but not anybody better.

Alas those 'single' antennas are the worst. They are called 'rubber duckies' and have very limited range. You really want skew planter and clover leaf type antennas as a minimum. A small patch antenna on your receiver will quadruple your range. Try one of the 'mushroom' antennas on your transmitter (aircraft), that should help a bit.

Hope this helps. :nevreness:

Alas those 'single' antennas are the worst. They are called 'rubber duckies' and have very limited range. You really want skew planter and clover leaf type antennas as a minimum. A small patch antenna on your receiver will quadruple your range. Try one of the 'mushroom' antennas on your transmitter (aircraft), that should help a bit.

I'm about to face similar issues, I'm in the process of adding FPV to my quad, is one Antenna type compatible with another, (can you transmit from cloverleaf & receive on patch, or do they have to match?) what have people found to be the best combo or matched type?