Newby- LiPo charging

nealj4

New to this stuff. Can any Lipo battery, even a larger 5500mA 3 cell, be charged thru the balancing plug? It will just take longer?? The charger that came with my Blade 350qx doesn't have a power plug port. I have ordered a better charger, just hasnt arrived yet.
Thank you,

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Any sized battery can be charged through the balance ports its just a matter of how long you are prepared to wait. The balance wires do not take much of a current so charging 5AH batteries is just going to take a very very long time to charge. However I would stay well clear of doing this and just wait for the right charger to turn up. Lipos carry too much risk to not be charged using an appropriate charger.

nealj4

Carapau, thanks for responding. In addition,my FPV ground monitor has a built in LiPo battery, 3 cell 1300mA I believe,. The case only has the balancing plug sticking out. So I have no choice but to charge by balance plug??

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I presume the monitor came with its own battery charger if it came with a built in battery- in which case I would just stick to using that.

nealj4

no it did not come with a charger. The instructions show a JST plug from the battery in the monitor,an adapter to deans connector, which plugs into power plug of charger.My present charger only has a balance port for charging. Since it is just a small battery that will not have to be charged very often, can I just adapt the JST plug to a balance plug to use in my present charger??