Aeronavics / Droidworx Sky Jib 8 v2

kloner

Aerial DP
i've been building up steam and am going for it all in, just ordered the SJ8 w/ retracts. Shes gonna drag my av200 into the future. I'm a couple weeks out, will post more when it gets here. The only other thing i gotta get is the 360 conversion & Radian. It will feature HFP on plush60. My plans to set her apart is shes gonna be a full blown fpv long range rig, got the ham lic, why not.

Retracts-Front-Slider.jpg

Pretty stoked as you can probably imagine

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Never hurts to have a big bird in the quiver. Probably not a lot it wil do that your XY8 wont and it is certainly gonna be a mother to put in your car. but it will have a little more grunt for lifting those 10lb cameras. I will say that the worst point about Droidworx is the grommet connection to the gimbal. Using grommets is silly for absorbing vibration. You are only touching the very end of the material to a very slim part of that grommet. I'm certainly not promoting the cinestar but if you look how they not only have a wider triangulated attachment point but also a better vibration damping system it is obvious which one is better. If everything is balanced well it shouldnt matter but it is nice having anything you can to assist in those unwanted vibes. I'm leaning toward these super soft dampers to mount to a secondary plate mounted on top of the gibals camera plate. I think Kopterworx sells something similar. Certainly a sexy machine though. Congrats!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
having built both the DW system for damping and quick release is thd dogs jobber. thats going to be one BIG machine for fpv. what do u intend to hang under it on th AV200?

Dave

kloner

Aerial DP
Never hurts to have a big bird in the quiver. Probably not a lot it wil do that your XY8 wont and it is certainly gonna be a mother to put in your car. but it will have a little more grunt for lifting those 10lb cameras. I will say that the worst point about Droidworx is the grommet connection to the gimbal. Using grommets is silly for absorbing vibration. You are only touching the very end of the material to a very slim part of that grommet. I'm certainly not promoting the cinestar but if you look how they not only have a wider triangulated attachment point but also a better vibration damping system it is obvious which one is better. If everything is balanced well it shouldnt matter but it is nice having anything you can to assist in those unwanted vibes. I'm leaning toward these super soft dampers to mount to a secondary plate mounted on top of the gibals camera plate. I think Kopterworx sells something similar. Certainly a sexy machine though. Congrats!

I've had em both in my hand and watched the footage. You seen this part of it?
Quickreleasemount.jpg

I'm not giving up on my xy8, just need to have a stable heavy lifter and that's different. I'm already baby sitting one for money, figured i'll need it to supplement my own gigs and to backup the one i'm working if something should happen.

kloner

Aerial DP
In looking at motors for this thing, whats the prefered HL motor? is the tiger 3515-400 a decent way to go on 6s?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
nice! no I hadn't seen that part. beautiful and yes that would make it take the cake. I've heard a lot of good things about 3515's 6s and 14/15" props.

nicwilke

That will be my next rig I think. The anti vibration quick hitch system is the ducks nuts. Really works great.
2uvetuge.jpg

kloner

Aerial DP
Is the Droidworx distro board pretty good? does it need anything more? It'll run somewhere between the 3515 and the AMP epic500 motors, both around 700 watt x8

8 gauge power leads and them PRC6 connectors, right?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Is the Droidworx distro board pretty good?

Very nice. I used it on my SJX4 Lite build. I wiuld just like to see some solder tabs for taking power off. If you use it with 8AWG you may need to use slightly longer stand offs than come with it.

Dave

I had the PDB installed on the v1 SJ8. Nicely hold all ESCs. Trouble is the acrylic dome can't fit anymore. Also, the outer 8 holes can't find a place on the baseplate to screw down. So all electronics above it floats on the inner 4 holes. And I put them on vibration dampers.

hjls3

yeah Kloner - stoked for you...to quote the lyrical genius Ice Cube "SHake em up, shake em up, shake em up, shake em - with the seven, seven eleven, seven eleven,...TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY"