How does re top of the gps puck come off?

JG-rn

Btw in case people are wondering why I want to remove the lid. When my quad was toilet bowling last week it hit the ground (grass) and flipped over and broke a prop. Have a scratch that went through the white layer on the gps top and just want to black it all out.

JG-rn

Btw anyone know what these stickers are for?

IMAG0194-2.jpg

kloner

Aerial DP
All mine were painted, and found if i got the paint too thick it degraded the lock. if you see too many red flashes too long, you know what to do

JG-rn

the wire is the front 0 deg

Where is the CG on these disco's? I thought I read 15mm in front of the mark on the bottom plate, but trappy tells me the CG starts at the drawing point. I asked him what's a drawing point, and he said the point on the bottom that is marked as the CG location.

Confused?

kloner

Aerial DP
when you fly FFF you want to hold the model at that mark, at the top of the frame is fine and the model should settle into a 45 degree tilt forward stance and sit there. the more you want to hover, the more you want cg to settle in the middle of where all the arms intersect and at that point it should sit flat. discos hover weighted the other way just fine, but i mean hanging a bigger cam or more weight, etc to hover you'd want cg more centered up as a general rule. Too far forward in forward flight it'll go up and down like a ball bouncing down the road, too far back and it'll try pitching up at some sort of speed

Last edited by a moderator:

JG-rn

when you fly FFF you want to hold the model at that mark, at the top of the frame is fine and the model should settle into a 45 degree tilt forward stance and sit there. the more you want to hover, the more you want cg to settle in the middle of where all the arms intersect and at that point it should sit flat. discos hover weighted the other way just fine, but i mean hanging a bigger cam or more weight, etc to hover you'd want cg more centered up

Still slightly confused.

Ok, so I'm going to be flying this thing FPV with a lot of fast forward flight. Not planning on hovering too much. Where am I marking the CG?

kloner

Aerial DP
ok, so take and grab the frame by the sides so it pivots fore and aft unrestricted. hold it right at the mark trappy has on it but it'll be the top plate. let it hang free, the model should look like it's flying fast forward flight in your hand hanging nose down 45 degrees, that makes any correction from there evenly distributed to the 4 motors. naza can only lean 45 degrees in atti, is the general max forward pitch angle