Unable to stabilize my Cinestar gimbal with WKM

homer911

I have just received my Cinestar gimbal today and I am unable to stabilize the gimbal. I am flying an octo with the gimbal. I am able to manually control the ROLL. Thats right the roll!! But not stabilize it. I changed around the tilt and roll servo plugs and I am now able to manually control the tilt. But still no stabilization.

I have switched on the gimbal control in the assisstant software.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any advice?

kloner

Aerial DP
you have to make them 0's into numbers that moves your gimble right...... servo travel limit, stab gain, etc

homer911

Not sure what you mean Kloner. My frequency is set to 400. Srtvo travel limits are all default max 1000 center 0 min -1000 for pitch and roll. Automatic gains are set to 2.0, default.

Not sure whats going on. Its my first gimbal setup.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

homer911

Good man yourself kloner.... Job done!! I wasn't really sure what the gain was for but obviously it was for the WKM IMU output to the servos.

Cheers

Steven

Last edited by a moderator:

homer911

So is there an optimum gain setting for the servos? Should I just leave it at 20? or mess around with the gains?

Bowley

So is there an optimum gain setting for the servos? Should I just leave it at 20? or mess around with the gains?

Sounds a bit crazy I know but I am stabilizing my cinestar with the Naza FC, as a temporary measure. Its not doing a very good job, I would be interested to see how you get on with the WKM Homer.
The trouble I have is the visible lag in compensation starting and stopping. not sure what is going on. I have used the item for gimbal stab with my other mount and it performed as expected.

My gains are, if I remember right are around 25.

kloner

Aerial DP
the gain is how far the camera moves..... diff servos and gear ratios need different numbers..... put a camera on it, tilt and roll and adjust till it seems pretty stable