HOW DO THEY DO THAT? - Product photos

Stacky

green screen is usually for video, ive never seen any commercial photographer I know ever use a green screen, we tend to shoot on white. It is better for colour casts for stills. A green screen could leave green in the shadow areas.

they call this "blue screen". actually a green screen in the background. You can then overlay or just cut out background.

sure.. I do it all the time.. don't really need the "green" as long as the back ground is same hue/shade, you can use chromakey to remove the background and make the transparent background.. works greate for saving file image size.. etc.. you can also add products beside, behind, and do what you want with multiple products if the background is transparent.

good video on how.. more then one way to skin a cat.. what ever floats your boat... I like other methods too.. not just this.

KS

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
As Stacky stated, green/blue screens just arent the same for photos. I suppose you could do this if you were careful and didnt want anything but the product. I think the white does a better job with reflected light. I have a pretty large green screen in my shop and I have had issues with it reflecting on black objects where keying will spill over into objects if i am not careful. A white background is also ideal because you can use the shot with subtle shadows and it looks really good as is without cutting the object perfectly out. But yes, it would technically work.

I agree they are not the same... just saying that one could accomplish that original post.. to ones eye, you will not be able to tell the difference. I choose method, when I am going to use that image with other factors, web, poster, adding to different photos, etc.. BTW: shadowing can be easily accomplish in simple Photoshop'd.. just saying.. you can google "Photoshop shadowing" though it is synthetic, it looks great in some eyes.. It would be interesting to see what one can do with no Photoshop and one that is mostly Photoshop'd..

KS

Macsgrafs

Attachments

• alone-again.jpg
    alone-again.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 294