KK Flight Controller New Forum! KK flight controllers

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Been snooping around the KK forum posts and have decided to try one on a fun quad. I'm learning fast but it seems there are a lot of people using these boards so it's appropriate to have a forum here.

The boards can be purchased from HobbyKing.com or in the US from our site sponsor, GotHeliRC.com.

Thanks!
BBart

Stacky

Dollar for dollar the new KK2 has to be the best value FC out there. KapteinKuk is one very clever guy and I have been following all his stuff for 2 years now. I love how we can adjust the PID stuff out in the field without having to connect to a computer. Im wondering if any of the pro FC makers have taken any notice of this.

Bartman

Thanks for the replies guys. I love inexpensive RC stuff because it allows me to actually relax and enjoy myself. Maybe I'll be able to get my son or daughter to have a go at flying these things if they know it isn't one of my more expensive AP heli's. My son's too afraid to fly my stuff because he worries he'll crash.

Bart

Macsgrafs

Bart, I use K4.7 firmware on my Atmega 328 board, love it....will put a link to my quad with gopro on the top, flies really well....except during fast descends...wobbles a bit, not sure why :(
The distance between holes is 45mm (ish), hard to get my micrometer in there with all the wires :(

Heres my baby, she's my FPV ship (via gopro & 5.8GHz), but what fun & at a great price. I find I do things with this I wouldnt dream of doing with my DW SJ8....maybe it's price ;)

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

guy1a

I also use hk2.1 on the tricoptr and kk2.0 lcd on the crazy-fun-quad-fpv ... that flies way better then the naza in manual.

Few days ago upgraded from 1.2 to 1.5 .... now also auto level is greate !

Best value possible for my 18$ plus s&h :)

Love it.

sgs II

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I've been flying the KK since the days when you had to assemble the board yourself from a shopping list of components and then program the chip, its come a long way since then. I have the KK2.0 on the Tricopter I just built and I have to say on the 1.4 firmware it does fly nice in either manual or autolevel modes, there isn't a better flight controller available for the $$ spent IMO, I have ESCs that cost more than this board!

The LCD screen for field tuning is the most useful feature anyone has ever built into one of these boards, better than having to lug a laptop or use a smart phone to connect and tweak settings. The next step up from the KK is the Multiwii Mega boards, full A/H, A/L, and P/H capability with GPS for under $100, currently have two of those flying and a third enroute. One thing I have to say for the Chinese, they've driven the cost of building a highly capable multirotor to less than the cost of some of the high end flight controller boards making it much too easy to feed the addiction ;)

The KK twins, my little aerobatic quads both using the pre kk2.0 boards...

IMG_1774a.jpg

The latest build, Tricopter with kk2.0...

IMG_2723a.jpg

Ken

mdjohnson

Absolutely the best FC bang for the buck. I am using one for FPV on a DIY quad and it is fantastic. I dialed the expo up and it is very stable for what I am doing. I also own an HFP and am using that as my GoPro platform on a Y6. It too is equally as good.

KK2.0 LCD with 1.5 firmware highly recommended!

Cheers

MJ

Bartman

Have one in the mail and should be here by next week. Really looking forward to it now that you guys are so quick to give it your stamp of approval.

What is the spacing of the mounting holes? Same as Mikrokopter by any chance?

Regards,
Bart

DennyR

:tennis:The Minsoo kim boards are a great go-to. if your having problems with your MK or what ever. Used them a lot in the early days. Very reliable.

Stacky

Bart the measurements I have are 45mm hole to hole in a square. Not a diagonal measurement.

Work is a bit mental for me at the moment so i have literally had 2 batteries flight in the last week. I have been messing with the cc3d board for ages and got some decent results with the auto tune etc but having to hook up to a computer to make a slight adjustment and then go test it is a pain. I swapped out the cc3d board from my aquaquad and put the KK2 board in this afternoon, went out to the back yard and firmware v1.5 flew nicely right away, better than the cc3d to be honest. Its blowing a bit here but within half a battery the ability to tune via the built in lcd meant I got the kk2 flying very nicely very quickly. There is now also built in gimbal controls for the KK2, I think I will be off loading the cc3d soon.

Efliernz

Pete
I have 3 KK2's with lcd now. My disposable quad - I crank the stick-scaling up to 80 and I flip and roll all day with it. It handles flipping to inverted, diving while rolling so well, I was blown away... Change it back to 30 and I have my fpv setup sorted, without a pc at the field.

They certainly outfly my older CC boards. Especially in yaw. My CC boards always struggled with yaw.

Pete

Bartman

Bart the measurements I have are 45mm hole to hole in a square. Not a diagonal measurement.

MK is 45 mm also so it'll swap right out. I've got some MK based XY4/8 frames from my development efforts so they'll make for fun FPV quads.

Thanks,
Bart

mrob73

I just finished my first build, a bumblebee 550 frame using the KK2.0 FC. After all my initial testing and calibrating the esc's I put the props on and tried the maiden. The quad wants to flip and I'm not sure how to adjust to prevent this. All settings are factory at this point.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Try this:

1- PI Settings

Pitch and roll

Yaw

2- Stick scaling: This is up to you If you want a much smoother rig, drop the pitch and roll by 40;

Pitch: 115
Roll: 115
Yaw: 90
Throttle: 100

Everything else is stock for stick scaling.

3- Misc settings:

Leave everything stock except low voltage alarm should be set to 105 if you're using 3s batteries.

4- Mode settings: Leave everything stock. Just set self level to "AUX" instead of "Sticks."

5-Calibrate sensors: Make sure quad is level when you do this. This step is NECESSARY if the board has been reset.

6-Load motor layout: quadcopter X

7- Calibrate the ESCs

That's all. Leave all other settings untouched. leave everything else alone.

mrob73

Motor three seems to be cutting out intermittently at about half throttle, I tried to attach a video, but I couldn't.

ChrisViperM

Never herad of that board before....after having a closer look at it and reading mainly positive responses, I am just puzzled about the price.....how is that huge price difference to "conventional" Flight Controllers possible .......??? View attachment 9433

Chris

Attachments

• confused.gif
    confused.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 352