DJI Zenmuse - looking for 1 or 2 man set-up....

ChrisViperM

At the moment I am looking for the "ideal" and easiest methode to connect the S800 / Zenmuse to switch between 1 man/2 man operation. I searched the net, but could not find "the" answer. What I have avalible:

S800

Zenmuse NEX

WooKong M

2x FrSky-TFR8-SB 8/16 Channel S-bus receiver

1x Futaba R-6014HS 14 channel receiver

1x Futaba R6208SB-HV 8/18 channel receiver

Futaba T18 MZ Transmitter

What I want to archieve is this:

I would take 1x FrSky-TFR8-SB and hook it to the Wookong, and take a 2nd FrSky-TFR8-SB and hook it to the Zenmuse. It's not a problem to bind both receivers to the Tx....but i am stuck how to change from 1-man to 2-man operation with just one flick of a switch like in the vid....

Anyone got it set up already like this or got any ideas....?

Might be intersesting to see other solutions as well

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris, in that video, I use the WTR-7 trainer. That WTR-7 is paired to the 2nd man TX. Then it is plugged into the 1st TX.

I then share the Zenmuse channel to the trainee (2nd TX).

You can flip off to take control back from the trainee (camera operator) at will or share it.

I don't have a FrySky. I use the 6014HS for all the S800 and the Zenmuse on to primary 8fgs.

Let me know how you end up.. I want to get the FrySky, still reading up on it.

KS

At the moment I am looking for the "ideal" and easiest methode to connect the S800 / Zenmuse to switch between 1 man/2 man operation. I searched the net, but could not find "the" answer. What I have avalible:

S800

Zenmuse NEX

WooKong M

2x FrSky-TFR8-SB 8/16 Channel S-bus receiver

1x Futaba R-6014HS 14 channel receiver

1x Futaba R6208SB-HV 8/18 channel receiver

Futaba T18 MZ Transmitter

What I want to archieve is this:

I would take 1x FrSky-TFR8-SB and hook it to the Wookong, and take a 2nd FrSky-TFR8-SB and hook it to the Zenmuse. It's not a problem to bind both receivers to the Tx....but i am stuck how to change from 1-man to 2-man operation with just one flick of a switch like in the vid....

Anyone got it set up already like this or got any ideas....?

Might be intersesting to see other solutions as well

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

Chris, in that video, I use the WTR-7 trainer. That WTR-7 is paired to the 2nd man TX. Then it is plugged into the 1st TX.

I then share the Zenmuse channel to the trainee (2nd TX).

You can flip off to take control back from the trainee (camera operator) at will or share it.

I don't have a FrySky. I use the 6014HS for all the S800 and the Zenmuse on to primary 8fgs.

Let me know how you end up.. I want to get the FrySky, still reading up on it.

KS

....you are my hero....thanks a lot for sharing the "secret". Now it's clear to me. Didn't know that there is a wireless trainer solution.....

Just one question:

On the "Master", did you use S-Bus for the Wookong and "normal" channels for the Zen, or did you hook them all in the traditional way ?

Thanks a milloion again....There won't be a better solution I guess :tennis:

PS: The Frsky is - concerning reliability and range - absolutely equal to the Futaba receivers, but for a fraction of the costs.....you won't find bad reports about this Rx

Chris

@ Chris,

I have to check, but I am sure I had to use traditional from RX to WKM and ZEN15. I remember, but need to verify, that if I used S-BUS, both the WKM and the Zen controller wanted to be on the lower channels. I did not spend much time.. just thought I would get it working to start.. and then I just kept it there. I also hooked up the RCSHUTTER.COM IR controller to the photo channel port. Now, I have both video/still photo control while in the air.

I will look at the FrySky.. and maybe try it out now.

Good Luck..
KS