Newbie with a DJI 450 and Naza

Dean

Hey guys,
i'm new here,and i am having a little trouble with my 450,when i'm flying its kinda unstable,it "shivers" alot.
I dont have a camera on it or something,just want to able to fly it a little stable.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Dean

VINHEX

Hi Dean,
Shivers could be due to following.

1: Prop Balance
2: Gains Settings
3: Motor not sitting correctly
4: COG (centre of gravity) not correct whole values as apposed to minus values put in..

I don't fly Naza although a great bit of kit, but this would be the issue with a WKM.

Double check everything..

Vin
DJI F550
DJI WKM
DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz
3s 3300
3s 5000
Aeroxcraft Landing Gear
Graupner 10x5 e-Props
Spektrum DX8
AR8000 Receiver
TM1000
Fatshark Attitude SD
Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's
DJI iOSD

Dean

Thanks for the info,
I don't thing its an mechanical issue(props,CG)i think it might be something to do electronically?
I have my gains set at default,what would be a good setting?
And it keeps going backward as well,not very much.

VINHEX

When your flying can you trim out on TX and it becomes more stable. When setting up or updating any firmware did you reset to default and then re enter settings. Kloner is a bit of a guru on these from what I can remember.. I'm sure if you put down all your details ect he might be able to help.

Normally on gains if twitchy it might mean one is set too high... Again this is on WKM and would hate to mislead you on the NAZA. Post as much as you can loads of flyers on here I'm sure it can get resolved.

Vin
DJI F550
DJI WKM
DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz
3s 3300
3s 5000
Aeroxcraft Landing Gear
Graupner 10x5 e-Props
Spektrum DX8
AR8000 Receiver
TM1000
Fatshark Attitude SD
Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's
DJI iOSD

VINHEX

Can you show any video to help?

Vin
DJI F550, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Graupner 10x5 e-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, Bank balance 0.00
DJI iOSD

Dean

I'm using a DX7eu. I can't adjust the gains from my transmitter.
Here are some specs:
DJI f450
Dji Naza
3S 4000
stock DJI 10 props

I'm sorry,i don't have any means to make a video of it.

I want to learn more about the Naza,how it works etc....
Is there like a website or something that can learn me some more,(this forum has been very helpfull as well!!!!)

VINHEX

Hi Dean,
No worries sorry what I meant was to trim on the TX so as to stop drifting back. The link above may well sort out issue..

Vin
DJI F550, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Graupner 10x5 e-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, Bank balance 0.00
DJI iOSD

Dean

I'll try tonight if i can get it trimmed out,but then that means i have to reset the trim to 0 everytime i start up again?
If i hook it up to the naza assistant,will my previous settings be gone or not?I don't think so but i just want to make sure.

Dean

VINHEX

Assistant should pull in original settings from NAZA. If you can send some screen prints of each page. Then people can double check against theirs.

Dean

I'll try to get some screenshots today,the link about the "Naza Gouge" is awesome!
I've been reading quite alot of that,and didn't get any wiser,i just don't understand all the terms!!!

Would it be possible to put 3 bladed props on the 450?i'm not looking for performance,just think they look better :)
Also,i have been reading about the failsafe function,can i have some kind of failsafe without the GPS?And how can i do it?
I would also would like to mount some LED's on the frame,but where can i hook them up?

Thanks
Dean

Dean

Hey guys,
I got it hooked up to my computer,but i have no clue how to take a screenshot.
I've got my gains on:135 135 135 130
140 140

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hey mate. Those gains aren't too bad. High gains induce a wobble. You could lower the last two a bit. I have them at 90%. Should stop the wobble.

Don't use transmitter trim! Vinny! Unless you mean assigning a knob/switch to manually adjust gain in flight?

Have you calibrated the GPS also?

Dean

I've changed the gains,haven't been able to test it,too windy overhere!
i dont have the means on my transmitter to adjust the gains.

I'm not using GPS,first i want to fully understand the Naza before i even start trying to think about getting the GPS!

Thanks for your help!!!!

Dean

Something weird happened earlier,i wanted to check the gains agains and i can't get the naza to link with the assistant?
I allready downloaded the upgrade,or is their a specific way to connect the naza with the assistant?

Langdale

"Don't use transmitter trim! Vinny! Unless you mean assigning a knob/switch to manually adjust gain in flight?"

My 550 is drifting slightly to the left. I can cure this by adding some sub trim on the tx. Are you saying I shouldn't be doing this?

Peter

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi there,

You don't use transmitter trim with an electronic flight controller (FC) as it sees it as an input. You would also have to remove it for calibration in the assistant and for setting the fail-safe Drift it usually a sign of a less than perfect setup. Some drift is normal. In ATTI mode expect drift. It doesn't have position hold. Even in GPS mode the manual states some large margin of error for it's hold ability (2.5m or something?). If you care, my F550 holds it's position perfectly in GPS. I know, not what you want to hear. But it really is great. No drift and reliable. I love the NAZA GPS!

There are ways of eliminating drift. Vibes is one. An unbalanced blade or motor will send vibes to the FC and reduce it's sensitivity (creates noise). I use Graupners and find them very vibe free. Calibrate your GPS each session. Ensures you have a current 'magnetic environment' recorded. Hold the craft really still when powering up. Even wind can upset it. I found powering up on a wobbly surface induced a small TBE (toilet bowl effect), admittedly very small but noticeable enough if you left it flying itself for a minute. Hard ground and don't touch it when you plug in the lipo.

Regarding Deans problem. Have you tried different USB ports? Do it. There's no set procedure for linking to the assistant. I power up the NAZA first then start the assistant if that helps. The motors won't spin up if the USB is connected, remove blades anyway, you never know! Ooh, and just press the skip button on the assistant if it is slow to start. It should start automatically though.

Cool?