Aeronavics / Droidworx Droiderbuilt SkyJib Lite 4x

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Update..

Because I am working away and coming to the end of a massive project I have been on since April I am clearing site and dont have room in my van for the SJLX4 so she has been sat ahome in the kitchen, much to the consternation of her in doors!

Iam getting there though. I have fitted the AV200 and SkyLine and test flown. I will post footage If I can get it to up load from this moble internet.

Chrimbo holidays are coming so I will be able to finish her off, get her BUNC flight tested and get her to work in the new year.. hopefully

Video up later Now off to work

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
DroidWorx SkyJib Light Build Part 7

So the next instalment

Dave

crcr

Awesome! Looking great Dave. Can't wait to see what your flight times are with camera attached.

With my current X8, I loss about 2min with a 550 and 18-55 lens attached vrs no camera. So I'm hoping you get about 8 - 8.5 min.

Just to confirm. Are you using 2 x 4s 8000mah packs in parallel?

Do you think going to 5s would increase flight times?

Cheers
Craig

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Craig

I have tried 2 x 8000 4cell in parallel.. I have 8000 5 cell coming so will report back. I usually say to DOP's 6 mins max but 8 mins would be a bonus.

Ill keep you posted
Dave

Macsgrafs

Dave, I basically use the same lipos, but 4 x 4000 4S packs making the same as yours & get an easy 9 mins with PJ760VE on the AV200...the lipos come down at 3.65v per cell, so still a fair bit of flying time left in them. I'm sure you will get 9mins+!

Ross

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Now We'r Cookin!

Bliss.

Got everything dialled now just to sort out lights and finish tidying up the SL wiring and she is ready for work..

12 mins with 17v left in pack with Canon 550D 10/22 lens, WELL HAPPY

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pics thanks to Steve me very tolerant neighbour!

nicwilke

Dave mate, lovely rig there.
Whats the AUW now? Are you using 5s? How does one make the transition to 5s? I know my FC can cope, and My ubecs are up to 24v input, my 40A plush should be OK, wonder if my Tmotors can hack it?
I'm bang on 10 mins with twin 5000mah 4s, spining APC's or Xoars. I'm 5060g. She's a little fatty my XM, but I love her.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave mate, lovely rig there.
Whats the AUW now? Are you using 5s? How does one make the transition to 5s? I know my FC can cope, and My ubecs are up to 24v input, my 40A plush should be OK, wonder if my Tmotors can hack it?
I'm bang on 10 mins with twin 5000mah 4s, spining APC's or Xoars. I'm 5060g. She's a little fatty my XM, but I love her.

10 mins at that weight is very good. what voltage you taking your packs down to?
Ur on one of the Y6 controllers arnt you?

Yup 5cell..

Not sure at this moment what weight it is but I am guessing 6.5/7kg I aint got anything to weigh it on!

My Y6 is 4KG with the CX730 on her and I can squeeze 10 out of the twin 5000mah packs but I ususally call it a day at 3.5V per cell.

I have a planned two weeks off work and at home over chrimbo so I have a lot of catching up to do and hopfully Santa ail pop some suitable scales down the chimney!

Dave

nicwilke

10 mins at that weight is very good. what voltage you taking your packs down to?
Ur on one of the Y6 controllers arnt you?

Yup 5cell..

Not sure at this moment what weight it is but I am guessing 6.5/7kg I aint got anything to weigh it on!

My Y6 is 4KG with the CX730 on her and I can squeeze 10 out of the twin 5000mah packs but I ususally call it a day at 3.5V per cell.

I have a planned two weeks off work and at home over chrimbo so I have a lot of catching up to do and hopfully Santa ail pop some suitable scales down the chimney!

Dave

Yes, I'm on a 16 waypoint/Datalink ZeroTech YS-X6, and its awesome.

I've got the digital luggage scales, so it looks like a handle with a hook. Hang the aircraft from one of the motor mounts carefully, and wait for the beep then say "F#CK... She's heavy".... I'm running the batteries to 3.7v. Took some down to 3.5 last night.
My 40A ESC's are a little warm, but no where near as warm as the 30A's. I'm running Tiger2815-10 (770's) but will put an order in for Axi Droidworx editions in the new year. It means pulling it all apart again, but I really want to use these 12x5's or 13x4.5 Xoars. The 12x3.8's are keeping it at hover bang on 50% stick. eCalc says its hovering at 67%, so I'm happy. Still got tonnes of pull, I reckon I could lift another 2kg easy.

crcr

I wonder how the flight times would compare if using 2x 6 cell 5000mah packs? I think these packs are roughly the same weight as your 5s 8000mah packs?

Craig

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
My esc's wont take 6cell. Once I am home for the Chrimbo break I will have more time to concentrate on just getting the finishing touches done. I have just received the boom nacelles for her. I fitted them to my HL ADX3 and have seen a great improvement in feel of the craft. I need to do more tests but ibn comparison to my other ADX3 the oine fitted with the nacelles is a different animal. It will be interesting to se what difference they make to the SJLX4

Dave