Aeronavics / Droidworx Droiderbuilt SkyJib Lite 4x

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Was not to sure about these but I like um!

attachment.php

nicwilke

Was not to sure about these but I like um!

attachment.php

I've only just entered the world of wood props, and have taken a quick fancy to them. I cant quite make out the size, is it 14x3.5 or 14x7.5 on those torxpower props? That machine is a beast, and now you've gone an upset me that I've dismantled my ADX-4 Coax. I think the SJL 4 could be my next project too.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
14x4.5.

I aint sure just wish they where black. I guess if they give better efficiency then I guess I will learn to like um

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So a little later than planned Part 3.

Working away from home means uploading video is a bit of a problem so this is only low res. I will upload a higher def version if it prooves poor viewing.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

flybee

Hello Dave!
That looks great. What is this fixing"tape" you show at 3:54 (chew lock?)...
Where can I get this "tape"?

Hi Dave

Great build thread can't wait to see it finished. Over the last two weeks I have put together an XM4 and part way through an XM6. I also used the DW power distribution board. You may have put the board on by now but just watch out for the main power leads being trapped between the board and the ends of the bolts that run round the centre of the frame. If you know what I mean. However the standoffs may be longer on the SJL than they are on the XM series.

all the best

Andrew

So a little later than planned Part 3.

Working away from home means uploading video is a bit of a problem so this is only low res. I will upload a higher def version if it prooves poor viewing.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Boris.. thats the stuff..

Andrew. Yep already spotted it and I will be raising with DW. I have double power leads of 10AWG which is very difficult to miss captive nuts with. I have offset the cables as much as I can to avoild this. Ill be doing a build summery when I have finished and will include this.

Thanks for following.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So.. Yesterday I maidened her. Now she is back on the bench... Not coz anything bad happened it now I know she flies Ok it down to the finer points of the build.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Maiden Flights

So Here we have a blustery day maiden of the SKLX4. It now back on the bench getting lights and cameras contrils grafted on.. More soon

Dave

nicwilke

Looking terrific.
The test on the turntable is pretty much similar to how I test before every flight. I go close to hover speed, then do a little wiggle in all directions. Then if functions are correct, I go up.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Looks good achta but I dont want to lift 11kg! It'll be bob by the time I have finished.

Dave

Langdale

Dave I bet your neighbour was well impressed with the improved drying time of her washing, thanks to all those props...
Peter

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave I bet your neighbour was well impressed with the improved drying time of her washing, thanks to all those props...
Peter

She was but another reported me to the Police! You havin that.. thought I was spying on her kids!!!