Which Battery for a DJI 450

DesJardins

I use a Pulse 45C 2250mAh 3S pack but when I change to the TBS frame I'll either have to change to a larger pack or run 2 of these in parallel for at the minimum weight.

v84x4

Total Noob
I'm New to this too and started out using 2 3S lipo 1600mAh (One on either side of the Chassis)
But I have just purchased 2 4S 45C 5000mAh Hyperion's (I allways run Hyperion's)

I had fun with the 3S Lipo's but let me tell you that you have to try 4S
It's a whole new bird

This thing is fast and run time with stock motors and 10' props is about 42min (Depending on how hard you fly)

I know that ppl will say that "Hyperion" LiPo's are expensive and all I can say to that is 2 things

#1 You get what you pay for
#2 I have been in the RC hobby for over 25 years and have come to learn a little about batteries
Hyperion is a company who's spec's on the label are right on the number and I have never had one fail yet

Thunder power is one of the first companies in the RC LiPo business and there spec's are also what the label says
they are also a good battery but also pricey

Just my 2 cents

Regards Rick

kloner

Aerial DP
a bone stock f450 by the time has a gopro and some fpv gear starts getting really heavy. even just 5000mah with nothing else on the craft is overkill. it flies it, but greatly reduced performance and the motors get hot. Throw a gopro and a 5000mah and your maxed out, when voltage gets low or even sags, your contact with the ground is iminent before the packs dry. overworks the motors too......

3000 to 3300 is just about right in 4s, 4000 mah is 3s, same size is a good all around size to grow with your rig. as soon as you get big motors, skies the limit even though more weight makes en really draw amps sitting still, flying is even more a problem...... they drink electricity like a fish

Last edited by a moderator:

theTP and Hyperion are old off the shelves cause nobody buys em. turnigy have such a fast turnover there always fresh..... thats more important.

this is a better pack, what i fly
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10299

i had them zippy and they were old when i got em. i'd stay away if it was me. these are good too

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl3000-4s1p-40c-4444.html

pretty much same thing

Thanks for reply what sort of flight times are you getting with the Turnigy Lipo?

kloner

Aerial DP
i can hover for 13-14 easily but i fly,,,,, fast. gets about 5 minutes of doing 60 mph. this is a turnigy 3000 40c 4s

Last edited by a moderator:

Forget GenAce they are never instock. And also Zippys, GO with NanoTech from Hobby King, I'm using the 3C 2200mah packs 35-70c discharge, i get a good 8min flight.. I also use the 4500mah pack that fits great in the middle of the frame in you don't install anything else there and I ger a good 16 min flight. Hope this Helps

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Forget GenAce they are never instock. And also Zippys, GO with NanoTech from Hobby King, I'm using the 3C 2200mah packs 35-70c discharge, i get a good 8min flight.. I also use the 4500mah pack that fits great in the middle of the frame in you don't install anything else there and I ger a good 16 min flight. Hope this Helps

I agree getting the Gens Ace are problematic, I check HobbyPartz weekly, and when they have them I grab enough to get me over the $50 free shipping limit.

I am a former user of the NanoTechs, but I had puffing problems with them, as have many others. Hence the nickname NanoPuffs.:livid: