Aeronavics / Droidworx Nic's XM-6 build blog...

nicwilke

BTW, the ADX-4 coaxial capable frame (and dome) is for sale. Any of my multirotor mates here can PM me for offers, but I would like perhaps $300 or so for it, but up to any offers/trades, so if you want it for parts (landing gear is same as the VM series), let me know.

nicwilke

Wow. Test hover complete. Then went to the park and did some more flying. This thing is amazing.

Video to come in 2 or 3 hours.

nicwilke

Decals on

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351925479683.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351925479683.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 330

Efliernz

Pete
Awesome!

I had mine out at the field today. I am still working on the mount so I just flew the gopro (+ 500g sand-bag) in +30Kph winds. Just awesome!

Pete

Stacky

It flew better than awesome< I have never seen a Multirotor fly as well as yours did in the wind today. It was as if the wind wasnt there. Time for you to produce your own range of custom props....

Awesome!

I had mine out at the field today. I am still working on the mount so I just flew the gopro (+ 500g sand-bag) in +30Kph winds. Just awesome!

Pete

nicwilke

Had another 10 flights today to see if I need to tweak the gains on any settings. I tried 13x4.5's and 12x4's (Wood) and without load (no gimbal setup) I found the 12's perfect. 13's hovered on a breath, but felt too floaty.
Gimbal I'd on, and a test payload to be added.

nicwilke

Weight check this week on industrial scales. Want the camera, fpv vtx etc (to arrive Tuesday) before I weigh it. I'm thinking about 4.6kg.

nicwilke

Cables are an issue. I've got a live feed from the Sony PJ710V (CX730) to a 5.8ghz video transmitter. I'm using it for framing, not really fpv, but have a small fpv camera if needed later.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352380431803.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352380431803.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 403

nicwilke

Not quite finished, but working, the little GCS for viewing the Sony, and a place to put my android phone for telemetry and gps features.

Purchased the 5.8ghz vtx and rtx from FOXTECH and the screen, case and wiring locally. The good thing is I can turn off the blue screen and have weaker signal come through, but really won't be an issue as it's a camera multi rotor.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352381188413.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352381188413.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 338

Bluerex

Hey Nic, can I ask where you sourced your frame and gimbal (feel free it PM if you would rather not name names in public) I may have to wait for funding, but at least I can plan the spending spree.
I have bought FPV gear and Tigers from Foxtech in the past (and been completely blown away by their excellent service) but with so many offering DW and Photohigher goodies... my brain hurts from doing the currency conversions and freight calculations :confusion:

C

nicwilke

Hey Nic, can I ask where you sourced your frame and gimbal (feel free it PM if you would rather not name names in public) I may have to wait for funding, but at least I can plan the spending spree.
I have bought FPV gear and Tigers from Foxtech in the past (and been completely blown away by their excellent service) but with so many offering DW and Photohigher goodies... my brain hurts from doing the currency conversions and freight calculations :confusion:

C
I got the frame from Droidworx directly, www.droidworx.co.nz and the gimbal from www.mikrokopter.us. I also havent mentioned much the gimbal stabilizer, the RSGS Skyline. This is my dream rig this machine rite now, I played with toys last year, then got the ADX-4 frame 2nd hand. Now for the tests with the camera attached. This weekend will be interesting.

hjls3

nic video looked good. i also just watched your maiden video. impressive. forgive me, i still have lots to learn...was it something you saw in your gimbal testing video that led yo to believe you need to re-calibrate esc's? or was it how it was flying while testing?