FPV camera options

Tomstoy2

After wrecking my Hexa out in a pumpkin field, the one item I did not recover was my fpv camera and now need to replace it.

So, I'm looking for suggestions as to a replacement?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I use the readymaderc 600. If you are planning on using uhf you should check the list for the cameras that dont agree with that frequency range. Apparently some cameras emit a lot of RF noise in that 400-600 range.

Tomstoy2

The one I lost was an RMRC 700, it was ok, but since I'm needing a replacement I figured maybe a better one was out there now. It was mounted on the top plate of the gimbal, that broke, flinging it to God knows where.

I really don't plan on using uhf. I have a knee replacement so I tend to not fly farther than I'm willing to walk. Searching thru the pumpkins trashed my knee yesterday, so guess I need to also select better terrain.

Emowillcox

I picture some kids carving pumpkins this year for Halloween and finding a FPV camera stuck in their pumpkin :tennis:

Malcr001

Do you have a budget? I used to have the SN500 and WDR700 they were both good but pixim cameras are way better in my opinion. CCD cameras are better if you are flying at night but thats about it.

kloner

Aerial DP
I've only tried 2,,, both securitycam2000.... on is the ccd hadII 600 line and the other is the 690 line pixim, the base of the tbs 690 without the tbs firmware and i really like the pixim alot better. the ccd has a .01 lux and the pixim is .1 lux, but the looking at the sun in the pixim is alot easier to see the ground than the ccd, in fact yesterday i almost bought a pixim to replace the ccdII

This one
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/p...F-Sensor-Chip-OSD-Camera-2.8mm-Wide-View.html

looks like this, i could barely see the ground when i tossed this thing up, pre sunrise

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
same one the video is from above but mine is 2.8mm, the one you link will have a slightly narrower field of view..... i think the 2.8 is 120 degree fov, same as an eye. Got used to flying with 170fov on my gopro so the 120 was a releif

Tomstoy2

Ok, did some research, and I have to agree the Security prism Camera 2000 with 2.8 lens is probably the way to go. Not to mention it's about $35 cheaper than my last camera.

Just curious, though. What is the difference between it and the Sony version?
Still would be interested in opinions of other camera's.

kloner

Aerial DP
the ccd doesn't quite show the dark part as good when your looking at light,,,, backlight i guess is the term.... i thought it'd be alright, but i don't like the ccd hadII...... me like the pixim. There only like $82,, i need a couple more of them, change out the sony soon. it's on my zII

kloner

Aerial DP
pixim, look at 1:10, sun in the lens and the water is totaly visible

ccd hadII look at 1:30, suns not even straight in the lens and see how dark. the pixels is the weak signal, the dark is the cam

mid day flying, i notice the 600 vs the 690 lines a little, but the light problem doesn't exist. but i fly sunrise and sunset alot soooo i like pixim

EDIT, those previews of the movies are pretty much what i'm talking about

Last edited by a moderator: