Why? Contest entries!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Listed below are the entries for the "Why?" contest. The goal of the contest was to produce a video illustrating the strengths and advantages of multi-rotor helicopters over other options. Aerial media is an obvious application but there's also hobby use, FPV flying, and other applications that are worth considering. In holding this contest we hoped to have a flagship video to put on the site's homepage to introduce new people to multi-rotor helicopters and what is possible with their use.

So without further delay, here they are;

Trumpet20

TopViewImaging

rcflyboynj

NicWilke

Macsgrafs
password OCTO maybe?

IrisAerial

mejakethomas

erijkgabriel

Benjamin Rowland

J3Cub

Thank you to everyone for your entries. I'm in awe of your bravery to step in front of the camera and the effort you put in to share your passion with us! Kudos!

Last edited by a moderator:

Since I mainly use Vimeo, I also loaded our entry there:

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/49484105?title=0&byline=0&color=ffdb9c" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="393" width="700"></iframe> Yonder Blue Films contest entry for MultiRotorForums.com from Yonder Blue Films on Vimeo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Best of luck to all the entries! I enjoyed watching them. NickWilke's entry reinforced my desire for a coaxial - that thing looks awesome! The animations were funny too.

kloner

Aerial DP
All you guys are so creative....... yuris was like watching a tv show. Ben, your flying and rig really do a bang up job!!!! whatever you have is the one i want. That coax droidworx is off the charts wicked cool. what a beast. j3cub, amazingly great job for what you have buddy. That's awesome, you got a definate future..... jake, you were put in some very cool situations, good job.....

mac, unlock your video, wanna see what you brought

Great entries everyone, was nice to be able view each persons work....good luck to us all...!!!

Bart,

Can we make the vids public or do they still need to remain as "Not Listed" on youtube?

-Don

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
You guys can go ahead and make your videos public, thanks for waiting.

Bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Can some of you edit pros help me out with something here? I got a really nice external mic. BUT, the 2 shots that I used it on, the first 2 interviews (Bob and Oliver), had a very odd issue where the sound wont play correctly on a mono speaker such as a laptop. The others were taken straight from the mic on the camera. I'm using Premiere Pro and have never had this issue. Some weird kind of phasing or something going on. I didnt notice this until i tried watching my own video on my iphone. You can hear it so its not like it only came out on one track. ??

Macsgrafs

Can some of you edit pros help me out with something here? I got a really nice external mic. BUT, the 2 shots that I used it on, the first 2 interviews (Bob and Oliver), had a very odd issue where the sound wont play correctly on a mono speaker such as a laptop. The others were taken straight from the mic on the camera. I'm using Premiere Pro and have never had this issue. Some weird kind of phasing or something going on. I didnt notice this until i tried watching my own video on my iphone. You can hear it so its not like it only came out on one track. ??

did you mae sure it was on both audio tracks? i'm sure you can swicth to stereo or mono? Failing that, did you save the audio file on your computer as a mono or stereo file?

Ross

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
listen to my video on a mono laptop or phone and see what I mean. it's there, just faint. but in stereo its fine. Wouldnt a mono system merge both tracks into one instead of just picking left or right?

nicwilke

listen to my video on a mono laptop or phone and see what I mean. it's there, just faint. but in stereo its fine. Wouldnt a mono system merge both tracks into one instead of just picking left or right?
Drag copy (option drag) the mono clip to the unused audio channel, and this should solve your issue. What you're issue could be is you are compressing stereo audio from a mono source, and the software is erroring in codec, otherwise it's most likely YouTube. I bet it's not evident on your workstation as you would have it on there.

Well done to all contestants. I've viewed everyone's entries several times and think everyone entered is a winner because we are all promoting this rapidly growing industry.

Good luck champions.

Macsgrafs

Sorry mate all my setups are stereo :(
What codec did you use to export it with? Sometimes a wrong click can put it into mono instead of stereo! done that one myself before.

Ross

kloner

Aerial DP
got to see it ross, very cool..... luck son of a gun, what a job to have, jealous

just watched em all again, what a bang up job. At least i know who to hire and where to find yall

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I agree we should all win something. So the winner will get the choice of how to distribute the goods. I'd like the AXI motors, Ben Rowland can get the Hoverfly GPS, Bart gets a Tshirt that says "I rule", RCflyboy gets 3 Xoars, Trumpet20 gets a late night phone call, etc....

:)

I agree we should all win something. So the winner will get the choice of how to distribute the goods. I'd like the AXI motors, Ben Rowland can get the Hoverfly GPS, Bart gets a Tshirt that says "I rule", RCflyboy gets 3 Xoars, Trumpet20 gets a late night phone call, etc....

:)

I do need a Hoverfly GPS...

Macsgrafs

got to see it ross, very cool..... luck son of a gun, what a job to have, jealous

just watched em all again, what a bang up job. At least i know who to hire and where to find yall

Imagine if I had a decent gimbal stabiliser (note to self, fy30a doesnt cut it for video use) ;)

No need to be jealous mate, I dont use my octo enough...living by the coast does have its downsides (wind)!

Ross

nicwilke

Its interesting to see the hits on all the videos rise higher. I've watched all of them again, and some a few times... Also been looking at the new droidworx website. Seems they have updated the whole range. Very nice gear....