Team Blacksheep Discovery build

meme

Here you go: Today`s flight. The CX Disco is ready now, managed to eliminate the last yello:

cheers, meme

Last edited by a moderator:

irvan36mm

Kloner or Desjardins- On the Disco Core, how are you guys supplying the power for the camera & vtx: separate battery or
through the main battery?
I am installing an Immersion 5.8gHz 600mW vtx & wanting to know what voltage I need to set the Core at: 5v or 12v?
The package says it could handle 7-25 volts input voltage.
-George

kloner

Aerial DP
you would send it 12v,,,,,,, do you have a seperate camera or just the gopro live feed?

on mine i have a lawmate that needs 12v and a 12v cam so both mine are through core on both sides. the power going through there is super clean, no spare packs, just runs off the flight battery.....

irvan36mm

you would send it 12v,,,,,,, do you have a seperate camera or just the gopro live feed?

on mine i have a lawmate that needs 12v and a 12v cam so both mine are through core on both sides. the power going through there is super clean, no spare packs, just runs off the flight battery.....
I'm using a separate 5v camera. So,I guess 12v for the vtx & 5v for the cam?
Another question, how is the Core getting its power from the main flight battery?

Sebas600

Here you go: Today`s flight. The CX Disco is ready now, managed to eliminate the last yello:

cheers, meme

WOW! And this is without any gimbal???

Do you have some detailed pics of your mounting setup?
are you using tge cx730 or 740?

Sebas600

I'm using a separate 5v camera. So,I guess 12v for the vtx & 5v for the cam?
Another question, how is the Core getting its power from the main flight battery?

The fatshark/immersion TX provides 5v output. you can set it up direct on 2-4s lipo. the core is not really needed

kloner

Aerial DP
but it will be cleaner link using the core on the cam and tx, will make the tx run cool by not using it's dropdown voltage....... it will have better range and the osd if he wants it

the 740-760 has a gyro stabilized lens, think they call it BOSS lens

kloner

Aerial DP
no i don't think it does......

I want one almost worst than keeping my left nut

Sebas600

no i don't think it does......

I want one almost worst than keeping my left nut

as far as I can tell the only difference is the internal flash memory.
All the demo video's show the same steady show lens.

the 760 in not even available here!

I'll keep my nuts for now... Have found a second hand cx730 that's why I'm asking.

kloner

Aerial DP
2oz heavier than nex5 with 18mm..... I've got this disco that's all cut up from the gimble experiment i'm gonna get the nex5 strapped to something like he's got here.....

it'd be sweet on the nose of zII to get rid of this

meme

Thanks Sebas,

see the Pic attached, no Gimbal, hardmounted, only some foam and the green Silicone Pad between Cam and Plate.
I use the CX 700 wich is 100g lighter than the 730.
View attachment 6892

Attachments

• IMG_9595.jpg
    IMG_9595.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 293

meme

I have a ZII here kloner, ready to build and i am really thinking to build it around the CX.
Nice video you posted!

cheers

2oz heavier than nex5 with 18mm..... I've got this disco that's all cut up from the gimble experiment i'm gonna get the nex5 strapped to something like he's got here.....

it'd be sweet on the nose of zII to get rid of this