kloner

Aerial DP
Soggy Lake,,,,, We were suppose to do El Mirage but the place flooded from all the rain we had, this one here is 30 miles away from it, if you see a car commercial in a dry arid lake bed, 90% chance it was filmed on one of those 2 spots, hence all the tire tracks.... this thing was mud 4 days before..... the LA county film permit office uses these two places exclusively for this kinda work,,,, we were permited to fly "drones" on this shoot, all they did was ask, no extra fee, rangers came and said hello, took pics standing next to it. etc.

it is dramatic, i suck at color correcting so that's basicaly raw red files were looking at.

Paul7060

Kloner I really like the contrast of the shadows and landscape . I have been up to Bonneville Salt Flats, that’s another place to do some neat stuff at . Would like to see some Quad/Hex work done with land sailing boats .

cbuk

Oh man....that is brilliant. Probably one of the best videos I've seen in a long time. Being a surfer that has surfed the Canary Islands I may be being a bit biased, but to me that video ticks all the right boxes. A perfect mix of ground, air and water shots with a great sound track....absolutely superb!

bensid54

For what it's worth this is my first video posting on this site I will get better at it I promise.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyh0905

Neutral Density filter on Hero 3

Having read Chad's experience with ND filters I thought I would have a go!

I bought a polar Pro ND filter for my Hero 3. Because of the strap holding the GoPro to the gimbal, the filter was very loose, and the frame was visible in the shot. I had to shave 2-3mm from the back edge of the attaching ring on the filter, and now it fits perfectly!

Here is a comparison video

http://youtu.be/KDaWs53EwtQ

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Embedding videos

Hey chaps,

How come no one is embedding their videos anymore? Just press the little video button (looks like a film strip), paste your video URL into the pop up and press okay.

You can also do it manually but I can't type it in without embedding the thing I'm describing! See image below.

An embedded video gets more views! :nevreness:

View attachment 16942

Attachments

• FORUMHELPVIDEO.jpg
    FORUMHELPVIDEO.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 185

tonyh0905

Hi Ben,

Embedding just will not work for me! I cheated on the last vid, by copying the line from someone else's post and editing it manually.

kloner

Aerial DP
This was from a show we did on MTV last summer.... I didn't get much of the footy but this was a couple spots we hit.... did 42 flights this day, it was a long one,,,, sunrise to sunset non stop..... Scrubbing In.... newport harbor and newport pier

kloner

Aerial DP
the MOBjib doing a test hop on a rainy day in New York..... red epic monochrome at off-hollywood

kloner

Aerial DP
aerials of a kia dealer promotional vid..... never saw anything finished form this.... the guy @ :50 is my new gimbal operator