NAZA GPS & DX7 (Need help)

BIGTACO

So I just received in from UAVproducts my GPS antenna for naza! I am in the process of setting it all up and have run into a bit of a road block. I am having a bear of a time finding a way to control all the functionality of the Naza/GPS through this lower grade controller (DX7). I am really hoping I don't need to upgrade to the DX8 to do what I need to. I spent about 4 hours last night trying to figure out how to pull this off. Can someone tell me how to do this, IF its possible of course :-/

I need ATT, GPS, Failsafe. I don't need Manual.

I need IOC. But I can live with only two functions within IOC. So, OFF and then one of the two states. Problem is, I only have a two position GEAR switch, a three position flap switch, and a two position AUX 2 switch. Below is the only way I can figure out how to do this. Anyone have a better idea? Am I trying to do something that isn't possible?

1) Set my 3 position flap switch to control GEAR. (This is my theory but how the heck do I assign my flap switch to control my GEAR???)
Position 1 = ATT
Position 2 = GPS
Position 3 = Failsafe

2) Setup my AUX 2 to control IOC.
Position 1 = OFF
Positon 2 = One of the IOC States of my choosing

Any help is greatly appreciated. I know a new TX is a fix but I simply can't afford that right now :(

norwegianrobot

No worries, i was looking for the answere to the same thing for a couple of hours. Then it just hit me how simple the solution was. I saw your thread and i figured i would share it. I felt dumb too :tennis:

i have 3 postion flap from my last 450 quad with naza. but i ordered a new one and gps. so 2 postion gear for postion hold. but in my case i want to ad a mix for the RTH function, failsafe switch. having trouble setting up the mix on dx7s. i dont want to turn off radio for failsafe/rth. i just want the mix/aux/gear switch for that, i have no problem assigning switches. (had dx7s and a jr9503 on my helis before) i watched a guy on youtube, but the mix values did not work.

Darthmonk

Well hi guys,I feel really stupid,have built many planes but in a hole with my quad-first is have set upSpektrum7 as acro.realized need to solder xt160 onto vu,there starts my problem,does that mean i need to batteries Also can not bind to remote-guess what i need is a thread sure here somewhere with simple set up tips for a old dude on Naza that has only flown planes-Any help guiding me to correct post would be good...

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Did you solve the problem? If not, I can give you the mix formulas. My DX7, the gear switch is used to turn on failsafe. Aux 2 is used to turn on home lock, since it is a two position switch. I use the three position switch to set the flying mode. I have mine setup as a heli and not acro, so don't know if the mix formulas transfer over. I am an old dude(retired), and can take you through the set ups. Also if you are looking at a new radio check out the Futaba 8J.

15crewdawg

LeeT - Just curious why you would setup in Heli mode instead of ACRO?
Heli node incorporates CCPM which a quad does not use.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
I set up what I knew. I have no idea how to set up a airplane, not familiar with the terminology i.e. flaperon, etc., so heli mode was much easier. When setting up the swash, you choose swash type 1 servo (which is what is used for Coax heli), and then setting the MR is just like setting up any other helicopter.

15crewdawg

BK - Yeah, I know you can do single servo setup I was just wondering why you would? Heli mode is primarily designed around CCPM.
You end up with things you wouldn't use such as Pitch curves, Revo mixing, Gyro Sense, etc. And you only get 3 programmable mixes.
ACRO gives you different options such as 6 programmable mixes if you want them without Pitch curves, GYRO Sense, etc.
But also has options you won't use.
I suppose until there is a mode for MR's, the 2 choices each have their merits and limits.

LeeT - If you are more comfortable going that route, more power to ya. To each his own.