New Equipment is Here (Cinestar 8 + HFP + 3xproV2)

Photronix

Pilot
Couple things.

First yes you can enable AH and AL in flight.

Second, upgrade your firmware on both the PRO/GPS to 4.3.802 and set your AL smoothness to 10%

Third, the HoverflyGIMBAL is working extremely well. Honestly, the only limiting factor at this point are the Potentiometers on the Photohigher gimbals. The video below shows the AV200-360 using Magnetic hold. The video would be much better with a better gimbal. The poteniometers suck. The PhotoShipOne 3x is amazing and the HoverflyGimbal works great WITHOUT pots. This firmware will be available next week.

Fourth, the HoverlfyGIMBAL is $360 and available now. You do need signal conditioners in the first version of the board (~$15) to use it with the unlabled unknown servos used on the cinestar gimbal. The next revision of the board does not require them. So $360 is pretty amazing we believe because you will have pan compensation. The Photohigher RSGS does not have a magnetometer and can never utilize pan stabilization using magnetic hold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6WJJAmefkw

Last edited by a moderator:

PaNt

HEy phototronix thank you for your interest...!

Can i ask you some more things??

FIrst of all the AH and AL can be enabled simoultaneously??!
Secondly i can start my flight with AH AND AL???
Thirdly i leave three escs with the red wire on in order to be sure is this a problem??

Also how can i undestand if the AL an AH is on or OFF??? is there a light a beep or something?? iam asking because on the manual says REVERSE all channels on futaba... This means that i will reverse Gear and Aux 1 too??

At the End the AL gain and the AH gain will be the same??!

THank you again!!!

PS as for the GPS and HoverflyGimbal i will try them later :)

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Hi PaNt
AH and AL can be enabled at the same time.
You can start your flight with AL on but not with AH on as you would never take off then.
Only leave one esc's red wire connected. If you connect more than one, you risk one of your esc's shutting down in flight. Connecting more than one ties multiple voltage regulators together which is a bad idea.
To check and see if you have your switches setup correctly, download the setup utility. You can connect it to your HFP, power up your RX and then check that when you throw the AL or AH switch that the check boxes in the setup client get checked.
AH and AL gains are independent and may or may not be the same. Set each one independently.

PaNt

Hi PaNt
AH and AL can be enabled at the same time.
You can start your flight with AL on but not with AH on as you would never take off then.
Only leave one esc's red wire connected. If you connect more than one, you risk one of your esc's shutting down in flight. Connecting more than one ties multiple voltage regulators together which is a bad idea.
To check and see if you have your switches setup correctly, download the setup utility. You can connect it to your HFP, power up your RX and then check that when you throw the AL or AH switch that the check boxes in the setup client get checked.
AH and AL gains are independent and may or may not be the same. Set each one independently.

Hmm thank you..! thats about the Bec is not good..!
How do you believe in Turnigy plush becs???! i think i have to put an external Bec :)

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
I can't attest to the quality of the plush bec - escs as I use RCtimer ESCs. Many many people use the plush esc's so I think they work very well. I have not heard anyone have issues with their built in BECs.

PaNt

Hey HFP gurus i am ready for my Maiden I Think..>! I have to ask some more things..>!!

First of all when i am on setup utillity connected and i want to connect the lipo and open the TX the escs are beeping...! is this ok???

Secondly i did the AL calibration as per the guide but i dont know how high must the temp be??

Thirdly the Test that says always fail and the Alttitude is the only one that is not ticked is this ok? (OK PASSED)

Thirdly when ihave Main EPA on 50 and AL EPA on 50 then on the setup client the gains are different is this ok??

Also i did throttle calibration with EPA 115 and 94 i am now and then i did esc calibration..!

Hmmm what else?? At the moment nothing else..

Is there something i forget for setup?

Thank you!

PaNt,

Sounds like you're good. Just make sure that when you're in the setup utility and you move the throttle stick up and down that the graphic on the screen does the same thing and stops at the top and bottom of the range.

PaNt

PaNt,

Sounds like you're good. Just make sure that when you're in the setup utility and you move the throttle stick up and down that the graphic on the screen does the same thing and stops at the top and bottom of the range.

The throttle rage setting is ok for sure...!

About the gain when you say 80 you mean 80 in Setup client right??

Also when i open TX and i connect lipo on setup client the escs must beeping??

Stacky

PaNt as Ben said, it all sounds good.
The EPA on the radio will show different values from what the setup software shows. thats not a problem. What I have tended to do is try and keep the setup software values even on each side and not worry if they look different on the radio. Im not sure if my approach matters much but I havent had any problems doing that for the last 12 months.
The temperature thing in the AL calibration is to help the processors on the board measure "stuff" and i think HF are just trying to make sure we get some variation in temperatures so the HFP can do its calibrations.

Stacky

I use the setup gain values on the setup software as my guide.

Yes the esc's will continue to beep when you are connected via usb to the setup software

The throttle rage setting is ok for sure...!

About the gain when you say 80 you mean 80 in Setup client right??

Also when i open TX and i connect lipo on setup client the escs must beeping??

PaNt

PaNt as Ben said, it all sounds good.
The EPA on the radio will show different values from what the setup software shows. thats not a problem. What I have tended to do is try and keep the setup software values even on each side and not worry if they look different on the radio. Im not sure if my approach matters much but I havent had any problems doing that for the last 12 months.
The temperature thing in the AL calibration is to help the processors on the board measure "stuff" and i think HF are just trying to make sure we get some variation in temperatures so the HFP can do its calibrations.

SO 30-40C is more than enough i think...! i am asking because i did the temp calibration with a carbon plate above HFP but with the hair dryer the temp was abput 40-50C ...

Also what about having three position Switch between Primary gain and AL????
If i twitch fast will i have problem??

THe Beeping of escs while on setup client is very boring...!!

Stacky

Sorry I cant help you with the 3 position switch, i havent used that for my gain switch and dont know how it would react.

For my Cinestar 8, my primary gain is set to 77 on the transmitter (futaba) which equates to 102 in the setup utility. In the end, it doesn't matter much what the numbers are, as long as it flies right.

Photronix

Pilot
YES you will have a problem. Primary gain and AL gain should be on a two position switch.

SO 30-40C is more than enough i think...! i am asking because i did the temp calibration with a carbon plate above HFP but with the hair dryer the temp was abput 40-50C ...

Also what about having three position Switch between Primary gain and AL????
If i twitch fast will i have problem??

THe Beeping of escs while on setup client is very boring...!!

Stacky

What Photronix means is you wont be able to use a 3 position switch for your gain.
AH is working fine, yesterday while doing more testing of a gimbal I engaged the AH and it happily sat within a 3ft range in breezy conditions. I havent tuned the AH, it was simply working off the first gain settings i had used.

PaNt

I am ready but i am w8ing for a quanum...:) also i have to shoegoo the servo connectors on hfp and rx as i am doing on my 3d helis :). I will post pic of the cs before the maiden..

PaNt

Guys a question..>!

I have 2x4s 8000mah on the CS 8.... i have the tiger motors 710..

I have baught and 2 x5s 8000 as i have seen a lot to like this motor with 5s and 14x4.7 what do you think??

CHeck the screenshots with the 5 and 4s setups//!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-08-12 at 12.06.43.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-08-12 at 12.06.43.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 309
  • Screen shot 2012-08-12 at 12.06.31.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-08-12 at 12.06.31.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 243