Could I run an f550 on 6s?

Anyone could this be done? Since I allready have a bunch of 6s batteries.. I have no idea what motor/prop combo I would need though.. Would it be better to just buy new 3s/4s batteries and get the F550 as a kit?

Well thats what I was thinking, just order the frame and get some decent (not to expensive) motors but I have no idea what motors I would get. Any help with what kind of motor I would need?

kloner

Aerial DP
to use 10" props, you'd need something in the 500-600 kv range, esc's would need to be in the 6s variety. all the parts your talking leaves "cheap" esc leaves the economy lite looking esc for something like Castle ICE lite series. I can't even find a small enough motor that'd do it.

this is what one of the vendors here is offering for a heavy lift 550
http://aerialmediapros.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=157

2814's on 4s are lightning fast.

Thanks for the info! I guess I will just get new 4s batteries and get the kit. I really like the 13" prop conversion.. but those motors are too expensive for me. could I get the conversion and run 13" props on the kit dji motors?

Yeah those motors are cheap I could do those.. And they would work with the 13 inch props/4s? If I do get the conversion I'll have to get those! Think i'll run the kit stock on 4s with 10" first and see how it handles.. So u made up my mind thanks! You said thats borderline, but right under the border right, So I could do it? I think I'll get the 10" graupner props everyone talks about.​

kloner

Aerial DP
the 13" props are a different gig. You'd need slower kv motors to turn them like 720-740kv, the 1000 kv on 10" graupners with 4s are wicked fast and will carry alot. The stock dji setup that came on my 450 was putting out 450 watts, the same exact rig, 1.6 kg putts out 700 with the 2814's, makes it deal with wind a hell of a lot better and it's got room to carry alot of battery weight wise

this is 2814 on a quad, 10" graupners, :48 is a manual punchout, :08 was a atti punchout, both full throttle

this is them out doing there thing on a 450

Last edited by a moderator:

the 13" props are a different gig. You'd need slower kv motors to turn them like 720-740kv, the 1000 kv on 10" graupners with 4s are wicked fast and will carry alot. The stock dji setup that came on my 450 was putting out 450 watts, the same exact rig, 1.6 kg putts out 700 with the 2814's, makes it deal with wind a hell of a lot better and it's got room to carry alot of battery weight wise

this is 2814 on a quad, 10" graupners, :48 is a manual punchout, :08 was a atti punchout, both full throttle

Nice info! Sorry I can't watch the videos, I'm working offshore on a boat with limited bandwidth and they throw fits about that. Just trying to do all my research and have this thing waiting for me when I get back! :D I will take your word for it though, the 10" graupners with the suppo 1000kv motors on 4s :) I think i will try the stock kit with the 10" graupners on 4s since I have to get ESC's anyway.. it seems cheaper to just buy the kit and get the new motors later if I have to. Thanks again for all your help.

I'm planning to lift a nex 5n type camera with the mkTR mount/landing gear(not decided... but some kind of cam mount) and a video TX

haha49

Im running the following

DJI F550 (Whirlwind Frame (clone))
Afoman ESC 30A (work great better then DJI factory ones)
DJI Motor stock red ones
Grabner 9.5 props (10.5 fit with no mod I have both)
Landing Gear (can't remeber it was cheap 20 bucks light too)
tarot 2D Gimbal (works great)
GoproHero 3
Nano 6000 4s Lipo
Boscam 400mhw 5.8ghz Video transmiter
DJI mini OSD
Sbus hub power adapter, bluetooth ect.

I get 9 minutes total flight now that the battreys are getting old it's more 5-7 minutes brand new with just the frame and gopro (no fpv ect 15 minutes)

I was thinking of converting it to 6s for more flight time but then I would have to dump the DJI mini osd as it can't run on 6s it would go poof. The motors and ESC would also have to be changed so cost vs extra flight time isn't worth it. The other thing is I can run 2 4s lipos if I want and I get 15 minutes when I run 2 6000.

Last edited by a moderator: