Fiveflat

Banned
Ugh, yea I reformatted my laptop and lost my 'version' of Adobe Premier Pro. I had to use *cringe* windows movie maker to edit, so that's why it's at 480p.

The "medium" fov setting was only for stills at 7mp. I just checked and I was at medium FOV with my video too, I changed that to wide. I gotta track down Premier Pro again...

Chadfish

There are plug ins that allow you to remove the fisheye after the video is recorded. There was one for 50 around bucks. Google around "removing fisheye from gopro". As for stills, all they are doing is again removing the outside of the photo, so you may as well shoot stills at the highest and widest setting, then you can crop in, or use Photoshop to remove the fisheye.

Fiveflat

Banned

Attachments

• G0010259.jpg
    G0010259.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 247

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Sharing my video here...... GoPro3 on a 468 landing gear with modified 2 axis gimbal using a GoPro 3 Black edition at 1080 30 fps. Moongel used to dampen frame vibration following an attempt to balance six motors. Other details in my signature below. Original video shot at 1920 x 1080 but reduced to 1080. Used ProTune but adjusted exposure for bright snow conditions. Seeking feedback, suggestions, comments etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4YpJ_l6VKA&list=UUWjXtmmJ9xJcdyahNA7pwPA

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Look pretty good to me. I haven't tried the protune options yet, always filming in 60fps. I think your video quality is definitely more than good enough for its intended purpose, assuming the Youtube description is what you intend to do. There's a couple of little wobbles, which might be slight distortions from a bit of software stabilization - or is the video like that already, raw? To be honest though, most people get little wobbles and glitches, you'd normally just cut those out and fade to different shots in time with the music.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I think it looks a bit odd sometimes though if you use software lens correction, and the quality always seems to drop. Or it does when I try it anyway. I'd rather record with a flat lens in the first place if that's what I want.

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
This was done with:

DJI F550
Naza M with GPS
"new" DJI props
4s5000mah
Using Guai Crane II gimbal
Futaba 8FG
GoPro H3
1080p at 60fps
Edited in Sony Vegas Pro 11 with stabilization

Chadfish

Sharing my video here...... GoPro3 on a 468 landing gear with modified 2 axis gimbal using a GoPro 3 Black edition at 1080 30 fps. Moongel used to dampen frame vibration following an attempt to balance six motors. Other details in my signature below. Original video shot at 1920 x 1080 but reduced to 1080. Used ProTune but adjusted exposure for bright snow conditions. Seeking feedback, suggestions, comments etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4YpJ_l6VKA&list=UUWjXtmmJ9xJcdyahNA7pwPA

Looks good man! You know you can kill that jello with an ND filter. Search "BlurFix3 SO Naked", and the "Marumi ND4x" filter at Snake River Prototyping. I too just did a real estate shoot using the Hero3, but I used Magic Billet looks to reduce the fisheye, and Apple Motion 4 to stabilize. I only have a quadcopter with no gimbal though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chadfish

Thanks! Yep, I try to time cuts and events with the music when possible. I always leave any crashes in too because they are often more interesting than the flying!

Wow.... Please display some photos of your Gaui Crane II and GoPro attached to your F550....
I assume you mean the GoPro 3 Black edition........
very impressive what can be done with your setup..... is there something special about the Sony Vegas Pro 11 software that cannot be achieved with the software and Protune that comes with the Hero GoPro3....?

This was done with:

DJI F550
Naza M with GPS
"new" DJI props
4s5000mah
Using Guai Crane II gimbal
Futaba 8FG
GoPro H3
1080p at 60fps
Edited in Sony Vegas Pro 11 with stabilization

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
@PerterLester Here is a vid I did showing the setup that I have. It took a while to figure out how to get some usable footage from this guy and a lot of tinkering. It's important to know that I had to zero the tilt gain for the Naza because that servo was just to twitchy to produce any quality. Jittered like mad before that and with it zeroed I can still control the tilt manually.

andrewrob

We filmed this a few weeks back. It was the first outing with the AV200/360 pan/skyline set up so will take a bit of getting used to.
I think the tilt gains are a tad high as we're getting a tilt jitter but smooths out a bit with post stabilistation at around 5%.
Camera is a Canon 550D

Bobbie Reiff

Hello there,
The photos and videos you guys shared are just awesome. Especially the one shared by Coptercam, I would also suggest to go for canvas photo prints for displaying your beautiful artwork.