Batteries out of stock!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
what's going on? Hobbyking Turnigy nano-tech and Gens Ace are out of stock for a couple of weeks now.....anyone look into this?

thanks,
bart

Bartman

the only option in the US is Zippy Flightmax, anyone familiar with them? can't they find a better name?

kloner

Aerial DP
Hobbypartz just got delivery and had a sale on gens ace, last couple weeks. there like waiting for walmart to restock. takes months if ever. there is a gens ace corporate site, not sure if they still send orders to the us or not. when he started a few years back, was how i got them.

http://www.rc-battery.com/app/menu.php?op=index

the zippy are the same exact thing as the blue turnigy packs. there good, i've got alot of em, all low resistance but all the 35c or higher.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah, I just bought 4 more gens Ace 4s 4000's from Hobbypartz. but all the others are out. Would have liked 5000's.

ovdt

I'm also having a battery shortage, still waiting HK to stock Nano-techs. I'd love to try Gens Ace but it would be better if they ha a 6000 mAh capacity on 4s.

I'd tried lots of Zippy Lipos, 35C rated ones are now giving under voltage error if there is a load on them. (After 24 cycles). So, now only using Nano-tech Lipos.

what's going on? Hobbyking Turnigy nano-tech and Gens Ace are out of stock for a couple of weeks now.....anyone look into this?

Been longer than a couple weeks. I've been waiting for HK to restock for four going on five weeks. They were already out when I started watching, so I suspect it has been at least two months or more.

Helluva way to run a business.

....sT

Bartman

maybe they want to force people to buy their stock of other brands? i'd order the turnigy batteries but they're out of stock at the US warehouse also and I need them for Sunday.

bart

maybe they want to force people to buy their stock of other brands? i'd order the turnigy batteries but they're out of stock at the US warehouse also and I need them for Sunday.

bart

Bart, I appreciate your logic....but just can't go along with it. Does McDonalds 'run out' of Big Macs just in order to sell more Quarter Pounders?

....sT

Bartman

hmmmm.......big macs and quarter pounders have a lot of common components so maybe there's a better example? if big mac sales slowed they'd only have a glut of special sauce and everything else could be used elsewhere.

but i get your point......and i disagree. if you go to a big home supply place, they don't rush to restock lumber when a particular size is running out because they know people will pick through the crappy ones and still find something to buy thus reducing the supply of crappy lumber before putting out a new stack of fresh ones.

if i owned HK i might do the same thing given the voracity we've shown for batteries. i'm ready to buy turnigy or zippy's because i need batteries and the nano-techs are sold out. zippy's aren't being made anymore according to someone else's post. if they kep the nano-techs stocked up then the zippy's are all going to go to waste. or they could deeply discount them but why do that?

i'm not sure what the reason is for the nano's to be out of stock for so long but i'm sure there'll be a rush on them when they're back in stock!

be ready!

mailman35

bart i think you have a solution to your problem, you need to start mining it off the ocean floor :p and to go to a warzone :p

Apparently Zippys will go out of stock soon. There are some rumors the factory was closed. I can't find 5s 8000mAh 30C. There is only one left at Kopterworx. Anyone knows other supplier?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I already had a load of those really pricey Vislero flat packs having been suckered in by the MK Octo kit. More recently I got the AV200 360 with the double-battery frame but I did not want to go overboard with brick LiPo's so I bought the cheapest ones they have. Turnigy 5000mah 4S in a hard plastic case for car users. They are brilliant. They last a good 20% longer than the more expensive Zippy's with the same rating and they are not going to be so susceptible to damage.