fail safe with futaba

paktazh

How to set fail/safe on DJI WK-M with Futaba

If so how did you set the fail safe so in the GPS mode the hex will return to home. On a 3 position switch - called the control mode switch from U to the Rx, I have toggle switch set for the GPS--------A---------M set to toggle between each one. Each setting turns blue, when set on each when toggle between each one of the settings
I notice between each setting it is label Fail-Safe but it never turn blue with the toggle switch set for each setting unless the trim is not set right for the item you want-GPS--A---M.
Under DJI Assitant --AutoPilot--- under item #3 I have Go Home and Landing checked. Under item #4 called Intelligent Orientation control, I have X2 going to a Rx channel with a 3-way toggle switch to change between Home lock---Course lock---Off.

So my question is, how do I set fail safe by turning off the radio and have the Quad return to home and is their a setting on a switch that you can toggle to have the hex return to home.

I toggled the control mode switch 8 to10 times to to start the calibration compass mode. After turning it, on its axis, horizontal and vertical. I then set it in GPS mode and toggled the other switch for Intelligent Orientation control switch to calibrate it.

The quads great both in hover mode and holds position in GPS mode.

So what am I not doing correctly to get it in Fail/safe when I shut off the radio? And can you set a switch to force it in Fail/safe to return home when in GPS mode?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigrock

I don't own a wkm but on my Naza I'm using a futaba sbus. To set up my fail safe on a switch I just did a program mix where I used the aux2 channel as slave and master but adjust the number in the mix so the fail safe is lit up blue when you hit the switch.

homer911

I have just finished my WKM build with the futaba 8fg. I havent flown it yet. When I switch off my tx it goes to failsafe automatically. I have set up a three position switch for A M GPS. I set up a failsafe switch no mater what control mode I'm in. Just adjust the curves/endpoints so that it all lines up. It was my first time doing this and it took me a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigrock

I have a 8fg and in the program mix screen you have to assign a master and slave channel in the first page.

paktazh

I have just finished my WKM build with the futaba 8fg. I havent flown it yet. When I switch off my tx it goes to failsafe automatically. I have set up a three position switch for A M GPS. I set up a failsafe switch no mater what control mode I'm in. Just adjust the curves/endpoints so that it all lines up. It was my first time doing this and it took me a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

end point for which one I did pick the end point for Aux one so now the C ( governor ch goes to GPS then to A and M the get blue but the fail safe does ot get blue so it means that it doesn't go on fail safe any help?

sharonx

Hi.
Here is the mix that did the trick with my Futaba FG8, but it should work the 10C as well. Ajust it while looking at the state screen in tx calibration in the assistant software until flipping the switch will cause Fail-safe (see state at the bottom of assistant screen) in EACH STATE (norm, atti, gps, course and home lock if you use it). When you flip the switch you should see blinking blue light in the led (along with red lights if GPS fix is not perfect).

Did it help you ?

Attachments

• 20120511_121321 (Large).jpg
    20120511_121321 (Large).jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 392
  • 20120511_121332 (Large).jpg
    20120511_121332 (Large).jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 336
  • 20120511_121351 (Large).jpg
    20120511_121351 (Large).jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 326

paktazh

Hi
your TX has 14 ch but mine got 10 ch Futaba and mine does not have AUx3 in my receiver I picked the C switch which is the Governor switch for GPS A and M
and I checked mine looks not the same I upload the pictures see if u can help me with it

3.jpg

1-1.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

steph280

I did mine without the PMIX. Basically these steps, assuming your throttle is on channel 3 and your U-channel is on channel 7.
1. First confirm you are NOT in 7ch mode. You must be in MLT2 mode since WKM failsafe only works with channel 7 (U-channel), but failsafe for Futaba FASST 7ch mode only works on throttle. (Linkage Menu, Frequency, FASST)
2. Go into the Failsafe menu, scroll down to channel 7.
3. Changel F/S mode to "F/S" (not HOLD), position to around -35%. This will trigger the failsafe mode when you turn off your TX as designed. You may need to play with the -35% value but that's where mine ended up.
4. You also need to make sure throttle doesn't default to 0 when in failsafe mode. So go to channel 3 in Failsafe menu, set the failsafe from HOLD to "F/S", and set the position to 50%.

This works for me, but YMMV.

sharonx

Hi
your TX has 14 ch but mine got 10 ch Futaba and mine does not have AUx3 in my receiver I picked the C switch which is the Governor switch for GPS A and M
and I checked mine looks not the same I upload the pictures see if u can help me with it

Sure I will help you friend, until it works for you too.
On Futaba 8FG you can assign any channel (rudd, AUX3 etc....) to any receiver output (channel1, channel etc..). You can connect THR to channel 2 instead of 3 and set it right in the FUNCTION screen.
So you see - AUX3 at my tx is actually channel 5 (the Status channel od WKM - mormal, atti and GPS). I just gave it the name AUX3. No relation to having 14 channel (which is nice though).
You started okay - just choose the master and the slave both to be your WKM flight-mode channel. Leave LINK and the other stuff untouched, just define 2 position switch for the activation of this Failsafe mix.

So lets say your mode switch channel is 5 - in specific values it gives GPS, atti and normal modes as you probably have configured right (I hope). But at other levels (the very ends and also in the middle somewhere) it falls between the states (see bottom of tx calibration screen to understand where you are on that scale while configuring your tx). What that mix does it throw the value of that channel in those Fail-Safe spots.
If my values don't work for you - keep playing with them until it gives Fail-safe no matter what position the node switch is). It won't fall on the same FS spot for every mode but as I said - there are some, not just one.

Try this. I am going to sleep now but if you tell me tomorrow that you didn't succeed i will make you a video explaing that.

Fly safe - Sharon.

sharonx

And why are you guys flying your multi-copters in heli mode? You should be in airplane mode.

+1 for that, nice catch steph, I missed that LOL (-:
paktazh - create a new model fast so I will pretend I didn't see this HORRIBLE mistake - no way you could have fly that WKM like that.
Oh so many pieces of props could have been flying everywhere (-:

paktazh

Hi I could not figure it out I seen lots of others got the same problem and if u be kind enough to make a video that it not only help me but others as will I will really appreciated and will be thank full to u

paktazh

I did mine without the PMIX. Basically these steps, assuming your throttle is on channel 3 and your U-channel is on channel 7.
1. First confirm you are NOT in 7ch mode. You must be in MLT2 mode since WKM failsafe only works with channel 7 (U-channel), but failsafe for Futaba FASST 7ch mode only works on throttle. (Linkage Menu, Frequency, FASST)
2. Go into the Failsafe menu, scroll down to channel 7.
3. Changel F/S mode to "F/S" (not HOLD), position to around -35%. This will trigger the failsafe mode when you turn off your TX as designed. You may need to play with the -35% value but that's where mine ended up.
4. You also need to make sure throttle doesn't default to 0 when in failsafe mode. So go to channel 3 in Failsafe menu, set the failsafe from HOLD to "F/S", and set the position to 50%.

This works for me, but YMMV.

I did not get number 3 what is Changel ?

if you are using Futaba 10CG with s-bus connection to WKM, the U-channel is ch7, you can not change that, and failsafe is set to 53%, I can not change that even with RX re-link with TX, anyone knows how to use 3 position switch assign to ch7 , so I can switch between ATTI - GPS - MAN?

steph280

Hi.
Here is the mix that did the trick with my Futaba FG8, but it should work the 10C as well. Ajust it while looking at the state screen in tx calibration in the assistant software until flipping the switch will cause Fail-safe (see state at the bottom of assistant screen) in EACH STATE (norm, atti, gps, course and home lock if you use it). When you flip the switch you should see blinking blue light in the led (along with red lights if GPS fix is not perfect).

Did it help you ?

Sharonx,

This works perfectly when I copied your Pmix to my radio. Thanks for sharing!

Stephen