Photohigher skyline rsgs

WayneMann

No, they are on one of my custom mounts which are very rigid. The gyros are mounted via velcro, but they also have a 3mm screw going through the center hole with just enough pressure to keep them from wiggling around.

Wayne Mann

Mactadpole

I have to agree with Matt also. I am using one Skyline for each axis with 1.13 and they are working great. I am using one battery that is powering two regulators and each regulator is powering its own Skyline. Is this system perfect, of course not, but it works extremely well. I have not tested the Radian yet and the ZenMuse while impressive is not an option as it only plays nice with toy cameras.

Wayne Mann

Would you mind showing us some pics of how you have the Skyline for roll mounted?

Thanks, Shawn

WayneMann

Hi Guys,

The second Skyline is mounted to the side of the camera mount on one of the arms or sides that support the tilt axis bearings. It sits right behind the tilt axis Skyline. There is no black magic.

Wayne Mann

Mactadpole

Hi Guys,

The second Skyline is mounted to the side of the camera mount on one of the arms or sides that support the tilt axis bearings. It sits right behind the tilt axis Skyline. There is no black magic.

Wayne Mann

Sorry, still not completely clear to me. So, you have it mounted to the roll cage oriented perpendicular to the Skyline on the tilt axis? See red circle in attached pic. Thanks, Shawn

View attachment 5942

Attachments

• IMG_3312.jpg
    IMG_3312.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 253

If i understand correctly:
the second skyline you're referring to is the one that stabilizes roll so it's not rotating with the camera bed but it's fitted to the arc so that it rolls with it.
Did i get it or shall i sue my english teacher? (again....:))
C

Hi Guys,

Wayne Mann

WayneMann

Hi Guys,

The second Skyline mounts directly beside the tilt axis Skyline. The tilt axis Skyline is obviously mounted to the Tilt axis shaft and the roll axis Skyline is sitting right behind it on the side plate that houses the tilt axis bearing. I doubt that it would be possibe to rotate the Skyline 90 degrees and mount it to the face of the roll axis or parallel to the camera lenses and use the tilt axis portion of the Skyline to control the roll axis. I thought about doing this so that I would have slew control of the roll axis, but I have not had time to test this.

Wayne Mann

bordhead

sorry i didnt want to read back 112 pages just wondering if these these things are working and worth the money? my s800 with wookong and a v130 ,sonny new 5n need some stabilization and the wookong gimbal controls are not cutting it..I just cant fine the happy setting and im beginning to think there is no happy setting..

nicwilke

sorry i didnt want to read back 112 pages just wondering if these these things are working and worth the money? my s800 with wookong and a v130 ,sonny new 5n need some stabilization and the wookong gimbal controls are not cutting it..I just cant fine the happy setting and im beginning to think there is no happy setting..

Don't read the previous posts, these things are close to being very good. We've all had some issues and it's about to be resolved. :)