Photohigher's new gimbal stabilization

Macsgrafs

Now that's certainly getting there! Glad I've held off buying any stabilisation apart from the FY31A....this could be a game changer for photohigher.

Ross

jamienz

Apparently this has been in the works for a while now - custom designed for AV130/AV200 mounts from the ground up. They tell me there will be a retrofit kit for current AV130/AV200 customers too. Much, MUCH cheaper than picloc, Zenmuse or just about anything else!

Macsgrafs

Apparently this has been in the works for a while now - custom designed for AV130/AV200 mounts from the ground up. They tell me there will be a retrofit kit for current AV130/AV200 customers too. Much, MUCH cheaper than picloc, Zenmuse or just about anything else!

That's really good news for us financially challenged fliers ;)

rsun

Is that setup mounted on a DJI F550...
It looks really good, and just the right time to give us a hint on what they are playing with now that Z15 is coming.. :)

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Is that setup mounted on a DJI F550...
It looks really good, and just the right time to give us a hint on what they are playing with now that Z15 is coming.. :)

Knowing this was in the works along with some other things at Photohigher is the biggest reason why I have no interest in the overpriced Z15. I've gotten outstanding support from the folks at Photohigher and the best video I've recorded has all been with an AV130. As soon as the upgrades are available I'll be fitting them to both of the 130s I currently have and I'll be waiting for more of the new products to be released.

First to be upgraded is my Cinestar6/AV130 combo, can't wait to see what it will be capable of with the latest and greatest!

Ken

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
second vid

how PH is capbale of putting it more to the point with 2 vids than DJI over 2 months and only zero info tease videos. Looking good.

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

nice, im thinkin ill have to get one of these controllers and gimbal's will my nikon d7000 fit in an AV130? or do i need a 200.
Thanks and nice work

skivvie

nice, im thinkin ill have to get one of these controllers and gimbal's will my nikon d7000 fit in an AV130? or do i need a 200.
Thanks and nice work

From the measurements I took ... You'll need a av200... I was planning on putting my d7000 on a photohigher as well.

ZAxis

Looks like we made the right decision to buy the AV130. Hopefully this will mean no more dependency on the MK tilt/roll control which has never quite got there.
Intrigued as to the need for an extra receiver, for tilt control only?, perhaps it will be possible to hijack one of the MK servo outputs instead. I guess we'll need another channel when the pan control is added. It would be nice to only need the one Tx if you're a single pilot operation.

Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

andy

(Lec... tell Geoff we'll take one)

View attachment 3674

• Water Resistant – IP 65
  • Compact disk form factor – 38mm Diameter and 14mm Height
  • Weight – 12gram
  • Processor – ARM 32-bit Cortex™-M3 CPU
  • Update Rate – 800Hz
  • Sensor Technology – 3-Axis MEMS gyro and accelerometer
  • Power - Operates on a wide range of input voltages (4V – 7.2V)
  • Adjustable Gains

Attachments

• skyline_rsgs_gimbal_stabilization_02.jpg
    skyline_rsgs_gimbal_stabilization_02.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 451

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Its interesting how the PH and DJI gimbal approaches are similar but (maybe) still a little different:

NEW Hero Camera Gimbal Series, comprising:
• Hero 1000 – for GoPro
• Hero 2000 – for Nex 5 Gh2 550D etc.
• Hero 3000 – for Epic, C300 FX100 , F3 etc.
• Hero 3D – as the 3000, but for 2 Cameras and with automatic Convergence correction
from http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-32894.html

DJi is going with the same approach also differentiating between a NEX 5 / 7 and a GH 1 and Gh 2.

http://www.dji-innovations.com/minisite/Z15_preorder_en.html

Additional assembly parts of gimbal for different Camera model my require.

But probably both will du the same to keep the camera in COG.

Boris