Macsgrafs

@Dave, my experience from flying in adverse cold weather conditions ... take spare props, they become quite brittle at times & keep your lipos warm before flight.

Ross

TommyzT

@UP Tommyzt.. Welcome to MRF's nice post to introduce yourself.. whats the coldest you have flown in.. I am off to Finland in a couple of weeks with my WKM Quad to do some filming but the temperature is -10 to -22 at the moment.. any tips for shooting in the extreme cold

Dave
Thank´s
Yes spare props is a good tips. And keep lipo warm until you fly. In your jacket close to your body or keep the lipos in a cool box with a heat source such as hot waterbags until it's time to take off.
Coldest I have flown in is -14°C but that was with a rc plane (I dont know how the WKM is below -10°C.) Then you get stiff fingers after a few minutes. So ceep them dry and warm.
Good luck in Finland

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I filmed this footbridge over the river in York and nearby houses yesterday. I'm still a bit nervous flying over water after losing a drone in a lake last summer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

juz

FPV pilot
Nice one juz Is that with a coptercontrol board?

Sorry Guys, been away for a little while. Yes Denny, that was a CC board. Loving it!

Juz, what was the music you used for that one? nice piece of flying.
bart

The was a local band. School kids actually. They are called SNAKADAKTAL and the song was "air"

Here are a couple of test flights for a new prototype FPV frame from hoverthings..

View attachment 2125View attachment 2126View attachment 2127

Attachments

• P1050362.jpg
    P1050362.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 193
  • P1050361.jpg
    P1050361.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 316
  • P1050342.jpg
    P1050342.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 297

Macsgrafs

Juz, that was so unlucky my friend, how ever I did like to see you running reflected in the water ;)
Did you damage anything??

Ross

juz

FPV pilot
Juz, that was so unlucky my friend, how ever I did like to see you running reflected in the water ;)
Did you damage anything??

Ross

Hey Ross
Yes, three props were damaged =]

I washed off all the mud. Removed all shrinkwrap, used compressed air to dry it, left for two days to really dry out, replaced shrinkwrap, replaced three broken props and the quad was good to go again!

plingboot

always enjoy watching your flights Juz.

do you have your fpvcam angled slightly downward or is it level? (i realise the footage is not from the fpvcam)

daniel

Here's a job i did in Peru, a few months ago, with my hexa and Gopro.......this was just the preview of what the basejump is going to be in a few months.....will put a 5D next time if posible....

ctbon

Wow! Gives me vertigo watching that. Are you going to be filming a basejump there? Can't wait to see that.

llbr22

Here's a job i did in Peru, a few months ago, with my hexa and Gopro.......this was just the preview of what the basejump is going to be in a few months.....will put a 5D next time if posible....

I loved that you strapped yours on your back.. that inspires me. I'm for sure now going to build some sort of dome or protection for the top of mine so I can do the same! (except with arms folded hopefully)