Wookong worries! HELP

rsc

I am not new to multirotors, but i am new to the wookong. I have set up a naza board before too.

I have just wired up an Octo and test flew the last couple of days. I having real problems with rudder! every time i use the rudder left/right it pitches the octo forward/backward! The thing will hover but be unstable, obviously because of this. I hold above my head and when rudder is activated its really violent on the elevator setting!!!

I have checked all wiring and ok.
I have checked direction of all motors/blades ok.
I have checked IMU position and calibration ok.
I have checked the Tx for any weird mixers and is fine.
I have checked direction of travel on the GAU all is fine.

I know its something simple, i just cant see it!!!

I am using a multiplex royal pro TX.

If anybody can solve this i would be seriously appreciated... the whole lot is close to the bin, wife has prob put there already...

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
How have you fixed the IMU to the centre plate?
Have you got the XYZ directions correct in the assistant? Including + and - ?
Have you got both the IMU and GPS both facing straight forward, and also the correct setup for the octo in the software? Ie octo V or octo I.

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsc

How have you fixed the IMU to the centre plate?
Have you got the XYZ directions correct in the assistant? Including + and - ?
Have you got both the IMU and GPS both facing straight forward, and also the correct setup for the octo in the software? Ie octo V or octo I.
Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gunter, i have fixed IMU to centre plate with the sticky pads supplied with Wookong. Im sure i have the correct XYZ directions. yes i have got IMU and GPS both facing forward, and correct setup for octo V. will take pic of GUI tomorrow to post. The GPS sits on the crash frame (removed at mo) at centre of c of g, 15cm above (-15cm) when inputing a positive figure do you literrally put '+3cm' or just '3cm'?

View attachment 3277

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 281

Following on from Droiders comment the IMU doesn't look level either. Could just be the photo but might be worth checking RSC

Last edited by a moderator:

Blacksails

Also, I know you said you've checked your wiring, but check, check and check again that each of your esc's are plugged into the correct ports on the WKM. I recently had a huge issue and was positive all my wiring was correct. I would take off and the octo would yaw uncontrollably and would refuse to stop climbing.......this was all caused by me plugging two of the ESC's into incorrect ports.

Figuring out which ESC is connected to which motor can get confusing on an octo, especially if your leads are all hidden away inside. I was positive it was correct (labelled everything up before build) but only realised the error after using a programming card on each esc and noticing that the motors that were bleeping were not the ones that I expected.

rsc

Also, I know you said you've checked your wiring, but check, check and check again that each of your esc's are plugged into the correct ports on the WKM. I recently had a huge issue and was positive all my wiring was correct. I would take off and the octo would yaw uncontrollably and would refuse to stop climbing.......this was all caused by me plugging two of the ESC's into incorrect ports.

Figuring out which ESC is connected to which motor can get confusing on an octo, especially if your leads are all hidden away inside. I was positive it was correct (labelled everything up before build) but only realised the error after using a programming card on each esc and noticing that the motors that were bleeping were not the ones that I expected.

You know when you have checked wiring again and again!! 7 and 8 plugged into wrong port, i hope this sorts it... testing in a min!

rsc

ITS FIXED.....
Cant belive it.. i spotted the 2 plugs in the wrong place 2 days ago, i must of plugged them straight back in to the same ports... So the moral of the story... check, check and check again!

Thanks for all your support guys, which is far more than i got from the UK seller. Customer service was disgusting considering i have spent in excess of £800!!!

Regards
RSC

Paul@scc

I remember your post on rcgroups saying you found two plugs in the wrong ports, but that did not sort the problem. Good to hear you got it sorted. :tennis:

rsc

I remember your post on rcgroups saying you found two plugs in the wrong ports, but that did not sort the problem. Good to hear you got it sorted. :tennis:

A little oscilation in the wind... few more settings to tinker with... gimbal on... SORTED!:tennis:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Good to here you are sorted..

Best way is to check motor allocations individually at commissioning..

Thanks for all your support guys, which is far more than i got from the UK seller. Customer service was disgusting considering i have spent in excess of £800!!!

Ouch.. who did you get it off.. what no support?