Mikrokopter Fc2.1 ME servo setup

Macsgrafs

Hi all,

I want to connect my retract servos to my FC, I am thinking servo 3 (connector SV3 upper row). But I'm not sure what to programe the FC with...I mean what settings? I'm going to be using my retract switch on my DX7. Does anyone have any ideas of what settings I need to programe the FC with? The retracts are all in one electronic units.

Regards
Ross

ZAxis

Hi all,

I want to connect my retract servos to my FC, I am thinking servo 3 (connector SV3 upper row). But I'm not sure what to programe the FC with...I mean what settings? I'm going to be using my retract switch on my DX7. Does anyone have any ideas of what settings I need to programe the FC with? The retracts are all in one electronic units.

Regards
Ross

Ross...

I am going to assume your retract unit works in a similar way to a GentLED shutter release, that is it simply needs a servo full travel command to operate and will lower the undercarriage at servo zero travel.
1. Link Servo3 to a Poti. I've used Poti 4 for my GentLED. Do this on the Camera page of KopterTools. If it is greyed out then increase the Servo Refresh rate until it is not.
2. Link Poti 4 to an Rx channel, one of the 2 position switches - the gear one seems a natural choice. Do this on the Channels page.

hope this helps
andy

Macsgrafs

Ross...

I am going to assume your retract unit works in a similar way to a GentLED shutter release, that is it simply needs a servo full travel command to operate and will lower the undercarriage at servo zero travel.
1. Link Servo3 to a Poti. I've used Poti 4 for my GentLED. Do this on the Camera page of KopterTools. If it is greyed out then increase the Servo Refresh rate until it is not.
2. Link Poti 4 to an Rx channel, one of the 2 position switches - the gear one seems a natural choice. Do this on the Channels page.

hope this helps
andy

Cheers Andy, I did think it will be straight forward, did have breif look earlier, but will go through it again. My retracts are the electronic ones:-
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14838

Ross

crcr

Hey Ross, just found this topic. As you know I'm seting up the same thing. Do you have any photos yet that you can share?

Cheers,
Craig

Macsgrafs

Hey Ross, just found this topic. As you know I'm seting up the same thing. Do you have any photos yet that you can share?

Cheers,
Craig

No photos Craig, only video....but my computer keeps switching off whenever I try & edit it :(

Ross

crcr

Very nice Ross, you have PH dialled in pretty sweet by the looks, was there any wind, it wasn't even moving.

Do you have any close up shots of the retract setup?

Whats the thing sticking up in the air above the cap?

Cheers,
Craig

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Very nice Ross, you have PH dialled in pretty sweet by the looks, was there any wind, it wasn't even moving.

Do you have any close up shots of the retract setup?

Whats the thing sticking up in the air above the cap?

Cheers,
Craig

That was probably the best PH I have ever had with this octo, a few seconds before & it was like a ball dangling on a string!!!
I will get some photos for you to see, after I have modded them a bit more.

Ross