Emowillcox

WOW JUZ are you kidding me.. your the best FPV pilot I have seen! That was a super cool video with some great flying! I’m leaving my windows and doors open tonight just in case your flying in the neighborhood. (;
Very nice lawn there bart, great flying field right out the front door ;) You have that camera stabilization system working very well.
Under-slept and over-caffeinated? Thats the only way I fly :p
Here is my latest flight at home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Shawn. I haven't really done much to tweak things other than to do Ken's trick for setting the roll in MKtool. I've got to fly, and fly, and fly the thing to get that part smooth now, and find a more interesting subject, so I can do something more composed.
I've still got some work to do with the Nick mechanics.
Regards,
Bart

Hay Bart.. Nice. Using the goPro with the wide shot really shows the mount working .. Not thought of that:confused:
Anyway.. looks like you got that roll sorted.. I doubt any off us can expect better than that. Its great when something comes together like that.. It is also a really good example for everyone to use as what is possible.. I am sure there will be a few wanting better but that example for me is perfect. Now get the rest of your bird sorted and slowly come down off the caffeine dose!

Dave

Wow,

Fantastic videos everyone!

Here is our CineStar 8 at 300FPS. Kind of cool to see a multi rotor in flight at this kind of frame rate!

Macsgrafs

Bart, glad you have got some seriously stable results...you give me hope ;)
Juz, you still scare me....that's some seriously good flying my MR addicted friend ;)
Tabb, very arty & creative use of the sun & slo-mo, well done. May I ask what is the max current draw of your CS8?

Ross

Thanks Ross,

I will check the current draw tomorrow. We flew today with an quite a high payload, I will repeat the test today and make note of the numbers. Having come from a hex I have to say I am really liking this Octo! Ton's of lifting power spinning the 14's

Best,

Tabb

Macsgrafs

Thanks Ross,

I will check the current draw tomorrow. We flew today with an quite a high payload, I will repeat the test today and make note of the numbers. Having come from a hex I have to say I am really liking this Octo! Ton's of lifting power spinning the 14's

Best,

Tabb

Tabb, are you running 14 x 4.7 props? I cant seem to find any in stock in the UK :(
As for the current draw....are you using standard lipo cable from the 2 x lipos???

Ross

yep, 14x4.7 on this octo. For the wire I am using 12 guage with EC5 connector. I have a parallel harness so that I can run 2 packs if I like but todays test was just with one pack. Even at quite a high payload the average current draw on this machine was quite low, well within spec for 12guage wire.

Tabb

Macsgrafs

yep, 14x4.7 on this octo. For the wire I am using 12 guage with EC5 connector. I have a parallel harness so that I can run 2 packs if I like but todays test was just with one pack. Even at quite a high payload the average current draw on this machine was quite low, well within spec for 12guage wire.

Tabb

Nice one Tabb, so if you dont mind me asking what sort of flight times are you getting off of 1 x lipo & what size lipo are you running?

Ross

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
What kind of servos are you using on your camera mount and are you plugging them into your FC board?

thanks Mike. I"m using Hitec 7985 servos powered directly by a 2 cell A123 pack with signal coming from the MK FC. I'm hoping to switch over to a dedicated CC board mounted to the camera platform for stabilization.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
When I first started flying, I went to a local museum and did a quick shoot. They kindly let me shoot after closing time, which took just under an hour. The quality isn't the best, but this is how you learn!!

juz

FPV pilot
Hey juz, what's music track is in that video? I like it.

I am glad you guys enjoyed the video...I just love flying FPV like that..its amazing fun.

Kilby, the song is called "escapee" by architecture in helsinki. Its a remix that might be hard to find, but, the original is great also.

juz

Ross, I made a new thread which has some flight data testing from today. I did not want to clog this thread up with our discussion. Take a look it might be helpful on your octo build.

Having some fun after a long day of testing ;)

Macsgrafs

Thanks Tabb, I love it. The trampoline bouncing was good ;)
I replied to your new thread wanting video....my apologies, it was just before I noticed you had this video.....maybe next time I should check before asking ;)

Regards
Ross

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!

Just some general flying around Loch Linnhe,near Fort William Scotland whilst on our hols last week.
Camera is a HK HD Wing Camera 1280x720p just taped on top of the CD case that holds the FC.
The sun was just going down over the mountains on the other side of the loch.
Sorry the video/flying standard is not brilliant,but you gotta start somewhere:)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I just got to catch up on this thread looks like there has been loads of activity while I have been away.. looks like some good stuff.. BH Jake we must have passed each other at some point coz I was in Scotland at the same time.. but not quite has far north..

Dave