Rafting aerials from a few days back:

Winds were 5 to 10, and no post stabilization. (getting lazy)

Cheers,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Jeff, I'm not sure if its my broadband connection, but it does judder...& its NOT the problem of the camera...Coulour, lighting etc all looks great.

Ross

krleas

FPV Freak
FPV flight arround my house. No deshaker. I intentionally left leg so u can see how well the camera mount SLR2 working. @3.26 go high @4.30 fast flight.

CopterCam

Krleas, Excellent, a great endorsement for platform and your mount. Is it an AV200, would be interesting to see it perform on a fast vertical descent ?

Sid

Progress gig from a 5 day assembly:

Everything is out of the can except for post stab at 2:14-2:42.

Cheers,
Jeff

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Jeff, I just saw this on Vimeo an hour ago and was (as usual) very impressed...both with the filming and the fact that in Canada you have 5 days continuous sunshine. I'm jealous!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I swapped out my props this morning and was going to fly without the GoPro running but then turned it on at the last second before flying. I'm very happy to see my camera mount efforts are beginning to pay off. This flight was for sake of testing the props so my flying wasn't very smooth. I'm also under-slept and over-caffeinated so that's isn't helping my flying either.

Mactadpole

Wow Bart! That looks great for all the troubles you've been having! I didn't notice any rolling shutter and stabilization even looks good which I'm sure you haven't taken the time to adjust yet.

Congrats! Shawn

Now only if I could get my X8 flying well :(

Bartman

Thanks Shawn. I haven't really done much to tweak things other than to do Ken's trick for setting the roll in MKtool. I've got to fly, and fly, and fly the thing to get that part smooth now, and find a more interesting subject, so I can do something more composed.
I've still got some work to do with the Nick mechanics.
Regards,
Bart

Stacky

Bart, that looks really good. If you cropped it to remove the props and landing gear you can see that its really nice. Well done, glad to see you get some satisfaction after all the battles.

Bartman

Thanks Stacky. I really appreciate the nice comments. It's been a lot of late nights but it's coming together.
Bart

juz

FPV pilot
Very nice lawn there bart, great flying field right out the front door ;) You have that camera stabilization system working very well.
Under-slept and over-caffeinated? Thats the only way I fly :p
Here is my latest flight at home.

Kilby

juz, that's amazing. I was just watching some of your "through the house" footage the other day. Good job!

Emowillcox

Wow Bart man...didn’t expect to see any footage this soon with the issues you had been running into... but... good looking video.. really nice footage... looks like you borrowed Jeff’s rig (; to get some smooth footage... I imagine you were just testing your stuff so it was great to see the arms and landing gear as a reference and to study how much your machine was moving yet the mount kept smooth.. even on quick acceleration!

What kind of servos are you using on your camera mount and are you plugging them into your FC board?

Thanks Stacky. I really appreciate the nice comments. It's been a lot of late nights but it's coming together.
Bart