Quattro

Whilst on holiday in Molini Di Triora, Italy, I finally bit the bullet, threw caution and the Quad to the wind and performed my first proper FPV flight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up.. nice one buddy.. on wards and upward so to speak.. I need to make the step.. Now you have chucked down the gauntlet Ill have to give it a whirl.. its great to see stuff from all over the place on here..

Dave

Got to love the videos, its like touring the world, so many great sights from all over the globe from 100 feet up :)

After only a few days after making a video on the beach in the sun, today I went out in the snow... thats Dunedin for you.

The quad was very shaky, the combo of stong winds and the Gyros stuggling with the cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TISnSFPiEU8

CopterCam

Here is a quick AV of all that remains from this Castle built in the 13th century. It''s known as Baldongan Castle, Skerries and is close to my home. This Castle had a Church built next to the Castle by a semi religious order and some locals bury their dead here. OK ! History lesson over.........

Sid

BTW. How do I embed videos ?

Sid.. just click on the film strip in the menu bar to the left of the quote bubble and paste the link in there
Dave

Quattro

My second FPV flight the day after, not as much blue sky but same location, tried to relax a bit more and concentrate on keepin her steady, I desperately wanted to throw her under the bridge but didn't have the balls or the skill, yet.....!

Jeff... very nice... when u going to post info on your cinestar?

Dave

PS Got a potential client doing the London 2012 course. Ill use this as an example of what can be shown. Great Post

We are getting very close. Finished up the inventory for kits, but still waiting on the custom gimbal.

Is Capt. Mark Phillips the course designer for 2012 London?

Best,
Jeff

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
My second FPV flight the day after, not as much blue sky but same location, tried to relax a bit more and concentrate on keepin her steady, I desperately wanted to throw her under the bridge but didn't have the balls or the skill, yet.....!

Now then 'youngun' see a dual is coming.. well done buddy.. lets see where you are in twelve months.. that bridge will be nowt!

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Is Capt. Mark Phillips the course designer for 2012 London?

Na. not that I know.. Its a guy from Shropshire.. Simonds I think. Did some work for his dad ..
I evented years ago last one I did was a Burley.. one of Philips designs... scared the pants off me! Only and last one i did.

Dave

CopterCam

It was an extremely calm and balmy last evening at the coast, which is most unusual so I couldn't resist the temptation to shoot although the light was fading quickly as very dark cloud cover approached from the west, a great pity but nonetheless here is the footage.

Sid

Emowillcox

Here is a little video I shot this past weekend at a RC big bird fly in that was being held to raise money for the tornados in Alabama this year. Took the quad and used as much footage from it as I could

A few samples from yesterday morning with the Quadrocopter Cinestar adn Panasonic GH2:

First half was stabilized with Mercalli V2 (CS5.5) and the last half was left untouched.

Cheers,
Jeff

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
It was an extremely calm and balmy last evening at the coast, which is most unusual so I couldn't resist the temptation to shoot although the light was fading quickly as very dark cloud cover approached from the west, a great pity but nonetheless here is the footage.

Nice one Sid... was that last night... I was perfect here to but nowt to fly!.. Grr

I could almost smell that..

Dave