Naza Trim Issue

FOX222

I did try some lower numbers today but it was kind of windy. I tried 135-135-130-135 and 80-80 for the Attitude Gain. It dose not have enough stick control for me so I upped the Attitude Gain to 140-140 still using expo to soften the center. I think it is close for my taste. But as soon as I build a new frame I can start over.:shame:

mailman35

yeah i moved my atti from 80 to 100 cuz when i would decend i would get a nasty wobble. did some test flights tonight going up 20-30 ft then coming back and it seemed to better.
gonna have to find out tomorrow.

Jackella

just tested my new Naza on a homebrew 480 size quad,rock solid in the hover at all gains at 115.feels kinda creepy as i'm used to manual control on my other smaller w11 based quad.
should Atti mode hold yaw like a heading hold gyro on a heli? mine just turns to the left a touch..

mailman35

yeah i have the same problem with the tail pulling clockwise im waiting on some antivibration tape to mount the fc on to see if that fixes it. the only way to correct it thus far is via sub trim. -2 to -4 seems to work for me.
also the wobble while decending is more pronounced with the 10in rotors instead of the 8's

Jackella

interesting,does a bit of subtrim do the job every flight without regular adjustment?
not flown circuits on this one yet,just hovering in the yard but showing good promise.
atti mode feels like someones behind me flying it! lol

mailman35

yeah it seems to, since im still learning i can only fly in atti at this time. :O still havent quite figured out all the tweaks to get manual to work well enough for me.

kloner

Aerial DP
that yaw is greatly affected by perfectly balanced props too, when the motors can't smoothly up and down rpm makes em fly goofy

It's spoiling ya, i know what you mean...... I keep sending mine up 200-300 feet and descending is such a weird feeling trusting it's gonna stay right side up

mailman35

kloner,
yeah i had that feeling when i sent mine up to almost a hundred ft this past weekend, im like oh crap i hope it doesnt decide to crap out on me now.
waiting on a gopro2 to show up and then figure out how to mount the thing.

Jackella

i've balanced the3 blade props as best i can,but not done the motors yet.
prop balance made a huge differance in flight performance on my smaller aerobatic quad.

kloner

Aerial DP
I pretty much got mine dialed in. Wound up getting the throttle trim switch just turned off, then the naza calibrated the throttle at midstick perfectly center no matter where the trim switch had been set from flying other stuff, then it flew bitchen, has since

The big trick for me and dealing with wind/no wind was i put the atti gain on the gyro switch and is settable in the gyro screen in my rx now. That's got me done testing and chomping at the bit to go put some miles on it fpv

I've tried the camera in alot of spots, so far the best spot i found is under the bottom plate, super stiff but the small vibes were still getting me from time to time so i added a piece of zeal between the frame and gopro slide in mount and i thingk it finaly got the grind out of the camera, it sounds different, was getting like you hold your ear to something affect and whatever was closest was loudest

this was last night, went up 185 feet according to the gps

in the begining i kept stopping before going up, was trying 70 atti, 80 atti and 90 atti, then at the end i went up high and back down at 90, then did it at 70

Was trying to tape the onboard difference

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
It's the eagle tree gps with the osd pro and the v4 logger..... I thought about trying one, but been pretty satisfied like this. It's gonna be fpv and it kinda gives me a little more aspect of how big i am and what it's gonna go through, i may still try it if that doesn't work out when i go for my maiden fpv adventure. the biggest thing i want is to record my venture somewhat clear and jello free and i'm about there. the legs were out of view till i moved it back and set on this tape.

I bugged out of the hole mount, got it clear but it had that ear to the chest sound coming in driving me nutts. Went to this with the battery back up top, also went to a 3000 mah 4s and am getting about the same flight times as the 5000 was giving me. Got 6 of em. The zeal was cut oversize so it would wobble on the tape, but stay steady down inside it. I'd pretty much gotten out what i couldn't get tuned out with the apc props. my graupners get here tomorrow so it may or may not be needed, but sure is easier to listen to other than the wind noise. can hear your props buzz or not, helps tune a little

View attachment 2653View attachment 2654View attachment 2655View attachment 2656View attachment 2657View attachment 2658

the gps and a/v tx is removed, they velcro on but been doing the light graffiti thing and been taking that and the gopro off at night.

View attachment 2659
just trying to learn to do it,,,,, need a darker spot with a little more room

Attachments

• 011 (800x600).jpg
    011 (800x600).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 460
  • 010 (800x600).jpg
    010 (800x600).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 350
  • 009 (800x600).jpg
    009 (800x600).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 349
  • 008 (800x522).jpg
    008 (800x522).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 007 (800x600).jpg
    007 (800x600).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 006 (800x600).jpg
    006 (800x600).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1082 (1058x1280).jpg
    IMG_1082 (1058x1280).jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 277

mailman35

so the zeal tape has that good of a hold?
i got some coming so we will see, im thinking of mounting the naza to it as well

kloner

Aerial DP
had to use a dab of shoe goo on the frame where it went over that gap for the battery strap but only because the front edge of the tape had 1/16th of a inch on the front tab past the gap and i didn't trust it to stay. Even with vibrating props it changes the frequency alot lower and less.

My naza is sitting on that 3m 4010, it's the same kinda of idea being gel but is thin like the tape that came with it. Ace hardware has it, red plastic liner

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Nice bulb shot!

As for package deals, I certainly thought of that. the problem is that I didnt charge enough to begin with. It takes 20 units to pay for a sheet of carbon fiber. So I ask myself why I bother doing this. I think the reality is, I either need to jack up the price or use a different material. I am gonna list some products on a website and really try to dial in my pricing. I see this first round of legs as a trial run. So for now, I would say the current price is already pretty good. If I break my carbon fiber cutting tool I would need to sell another 8 units to buy another one alone. Crazy.