Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

GeorgeM

View attachment 9047

What nice technology... now I am in contact 24/7 with everyone.....well 18/7 ;)
email(s), Skype, What'sApp, etc etc

Attachments

• GalaxyNote2.jpg
    GalaxyNote2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 208

rene.m

Peter - Thanks !!!

upcoming New Firmware is for Picloc-3X like you have ( 2011/2012 version ).

Whatever I do for Picloc-3X vII, ( if the v1 hardware supports it) will be available for V1 as well.
I will try to keep to my promise for 1 firmware for all versions ( with autodetect )....
But if this proves to be heavy or impacts the stabilization, then we'll have V1 firmware and V2 Firmware.

gm//

hi. did i missed something about the Picloc 3x V2? are they already swapped? didn't got an email. and here are so many posts about it.

GeorgeM

Rene... yep.. super busy email inbox. Apologize.

Can you send me an email now to arrange for your swap.... ( the hotmail one ).
gm>>

GeorgeM

Guys ( and Girls)... working on an updated firmware that lets you calibrate temps down to -30 degrees Celcius ( current was limited to a comfortable +20degrees minimum, which is not enough Picloc to warm up in deep freeze temps ).

Will post info on my website this evening.

gm>>

dr ray

dr ray
Guys ( and Girls)... working on an updated firmware that lets you calibrate temps down to -30 degrees Celcius ( current was limited to a comfortable +20degrees minimum, which is not enough Picloc to warm up in deep freeze temps ).

Will post info on my website this evening.

gm>>

Hi George
Thanks for the VII candys...;-)
Worked for a long time with h055, and haven`t visited your website for months.
Does it need a new toolz? v56 is not working with it. unfortunately can`t open your site right know.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

You gave me a fright!!!! Thought my website was down again!!!
V58.23 should be posted late tonight or tomorrow. This is tools + firmware.

pagani

hi a have the 58 20 version and when i activate aux2 manual pan, i have drift. but when i use the usb power i havent, is something that i can do?

GeorgeM

v58_23 is a big bone to chew... the only remaining bug is that on Manual mode (Aux 2)..when the Picloc is set as ''Arrow pointing to tilt'" the servos do not move.
It is very simple to remove this feature, but I want to keep fighting to get it right.

@pagani.... watch the servo output meters... if you observe that the signal value changes between battery power and USB ( highly improbable ) this would be the cause.
But since I'm quite certain that Picloc will output your preset neutral value when in manual mode, then the only variable causing what you oserved..may be that the ''different power supply voltage'' is causing Your servo to have a different neutral position according to the different supply... ( again.. this is highly unusual ).

gm>>

pagani

i have a lot of probs with the new version(10 january) 1during the flight the horizon doesnt stay stable and loses straightnesss although there is not vibration at all with high gains.
2with all these types of gains i cant cope with setting up so the horizon stay stable. 3 a few minutes while setting up pic loc in my pc the gyros presents uncontrolable movements
please help me

GeorgeM

Pagani... there is a bug ( quite important ) that zeros your P-gain value of roll or tilt, if the gains tab is visible in Toolz when you press connect.
This was fixed couple of days ago in V58_22 firmware and toolz.....but as I said above I am working on v58_23.... at full steam ahead !

If this Saturday, you wanna load v58_22, go ahead....so that you can at least remove this issue. Then when 23 is ready you can finally load that one.
Let me know.

pagani

so the new version has a bug, is it better to use the older version (17 march) i should upload the 56 76? which firmware? or should i wait

George can you please check your emails. I am no 3#. Have been trying for a few weeks to get through with no success. You send me an empty invoice for my V2 exchange. The old V1 was send back a while ago.

GeorgeM

OK... I have v58_23 working well now. Couple tries more testing, and I'll upload it on my website, with a direct link from the front page.

Sorry for the long wait. Not been easy.
I am cramming a last minute request feature sent to me just now, from an experienced Picloc User.

gm>>

snurre

Hi guys,
That feature request was made by me. Now, less than 24h from my request, it is operational beginning with firmware version 58.27.

I was requesting a brake signal from the Picloc, to be used in my 3 axis mount when operating pano in manual mode. In order to make the pano gimbal stay where I left it, no matter vibrations, brisk yaw manouvers and the fact that a 360-modified servo (as normally used for pano) has virtually no inherent holding power. The pano break mechanism will compensate for the absence of pano servo holding power during manual mode.

So when would I want to use pano in manual mode? Well, during FPV, WKM auto POI flying, sometimes during waypoint missions. Applicable both during single man and two man operations.
The signal to the break servo will be assigned to one of the picloc servo output channels S4-S6.

View attachment 9265

Here is a brief demo video:

This new feature is the remedy to a problem I have been pondering for half a year.
Thanks George!! :nevreness:

Sorry for the long wait. Not been easy.
I am cramming a last minute request feature sent to me just now, from an experienced Picloc User.

gm>>

Attachments

• S4 brake.jpg
    S4 brake.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 269