Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Hi everybody.
I have small movements on Nick and Roll all the time the motors are running.... Vibrations.
I can see my AV 200 moving when i hold my copter absolutely still. Without motors running everything is fine.
When i switch picloc off the video looks good. So it looks like i have not too much vibrations.
Its the same with two Piclocs 3x pro.
I tried with older and the latest firmware and tools from 17. March.
Also i played with Gyro deadband. from 0 to 100.
All the time the same.

Is there anyone outside with good results ?
Do You isolate PL on your mount against vibrations?
What do you use ?

Thanks for your answers.
Jochen

bozxky

I think we all have the same problem. I had a AV shoot last week and I am not satisfied with the result. The tilt servo is trying to compensate itself (causing unnecessary compensation) and the roll also not aligning properly (change of horizon) when you do manual pan. This is really frustrated me, George.

Hopefully you can solve this matter soon George, either it is a software bugs or hardware capability.

My specs :
- Gimbal is AV200 (with standard savox servo) with 360 rotation
- Firmware is 56_75 (tried to tune the proportional and acceleration on all 3 axis) but still no luck
- Spektrum DSM2 7 channel Receiver
- All system running @6v

Cr_Conrad

GeorgeM

I bought a Picloc-3X Pro from Matjaz (Kopterworx), waited for 4 months for this unit, i never used it and it is impossible to make any of my 5 computers reconize it and work with Picloc Tools.
I have all the drivers installed, and i am sure i have a defective unit.
I will send it back for a RMA.
Should i send it back to you or to Matjaz ?
How much time to work it out and send it back to me ?
I am very sad for wait so long time for this thing and it is useless.
Can you give me a adress for a RMA ?

Regards

snurre

Is 8.4V ok for Picloc 3X Pro?

Maybe the specs are to be found somewhere in Rotorpics website, but when looking there a moment ago I could not find it...

-edit
Ok ok.... search first, and then ask :shame:
Some post here said 9v is maximum and another one said 8,4v.
Still, where is the official specs?

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

Snurre, I advised 7.2 Volts as max. However several Picloc owners have been powering Picloc with even higher voltages.

The manufacturers of the components in the input stage, rate the components for 16volts. The input capacitors are rated at 25V.
But it is a common practice among electronics product designers to derate by 50%, even more.

Some customers having very high performing gimbals run their systems off a 2S lipo diectly, with HV servos.

@Bozxky.... please send me an email again so that I see it NOW and I reply to you immediately. I am currently sick at home but, can speak to you on Skype.
@Cr_conrad... same...

edit....
@rene. tried calling you/.

bozxky

Thank you George for helping me on skype. I will do as you said in regards of the settings, and hopefully everything works well. Great service !!!

Hi all,

I received the PicLoc 3x Pro a few weeks ago and was not able (lack of time) to use it yet.
My efforts to connect it to a MP360 from PS1 were not really successful. The MP360 has two servos on there, a Hitec HS-5485HB for Tilt, a Hitec HS-5245MG for Roll.
I noticed that the tilt has a small "jump" around zero. While playing around with this the roll-servo stopped to work at all. The result seems to be that it broke, beats me what it was.
I have since purchased two new servo of each of these to replace the original. I have not changed the rate for the servos (standard 150Hz), but I have moved the smooth to 1000 for each roll and tilt.
Can this be a reason for a servo braking down on me ?

I have connected all in the following way :
-2S Lipo going into a Align BEC which is to give 5A max.
-The output from the BEC is going to my Rx, a clone Rx from Jeti with 6 channels.
-The main Rx is placed on top of my MK. As the MP360 can pan, I decided to go for a second Rx.
-From the Rx the channels for Tilt and Roll are connected to the PL (using slew mode).
-From the PL the servos are powered.

Is this a correct connection or am I making a mistake somewhere here. Just before I connect it once more, I'd rather be sure :)

Thanks for your feedback,
Ruud

snurre

Thanks for input voltage advice, George.
Previously, I had it running on 7,5V but a couple of days ago I raised it to 8,4 to allow the same supply to also power a Sony cam, making the latter independent of its tiny battery. This turned out to be very practical, indeed.

But today, after several eventless sessions, when I turned power on, the Picloc got crazy and treated my poor gimbals very abusive. Double checked transmitter settings, nothing wrong there. Powered off all. Restarted - back to normal.
Strange!
- Could this be explained by ANY anticipated side effect of the raised supply voltage (8,4v)?
- How did you arrive at 7,2v as recommended max voltage? What is the limiting circumstance? (as engineer one wants to understand whats going on inside...)

jochen braune

I dont have the problems you have. Apart from the below problem I am very satisfied. Of course I dont expect a Cineflex for the price of a PICLOC.

I only have a problem when slowing down or accellerating the copter my horizon turns away from level. When the speed is constant horizon is OK.
Does anybody else have that problem?

Regards

Derek

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... I only have a problem when slowing down or accellerating the copter my horizon turns away from level. When the speed is constant horizon is OK. ...

Interesting. I have noticed the opposite. With a constant sideways drift, for example, the 3X compensates at first, keeping the camera plate/horizon level but then starts to let go and the camera plate leans into the direction of travel. The MK FC camera control also does this.

This probably happens on the Tilt axis as well but the horizon moving up and down is nowhere near as unacceptable to the eye as a rolling horizon.

Interesting. I have noticed the opposite. With a constant sideways drift, for example, the 3X compensates at first, keeping the camera plate/horizon level but then starts to let go and the camera plate leans into the direction of travel. The MK FC camera control also does this.

I can not tell that precise as I have a camera operator turning the camera. Most of the time I dont know which direction the camera together with picloc is pointing at the moment. I can say that we usually make a straight forward flight at a rather low speed until the take is finished. Then I slow down the copter and accelerate backwards. From the the moment of slowing down to the moment of constant speed going backwads the horizon is unacceptable wrong. In my case it doesnt matter as this part of the flight is not part of the take.

Yes MK does this on the roll axis as well as on the tilt axis. This was one of the reasons to get picloc. For me the main advantage of picloc is the pan function. Everybody I know who eperienced the stabilised possibility of the pan function with picloc doesnt want to work without it anymore. I have a good example of that in my trailer. The third scene is with the copter passing a windmill and the camera pointing at the windmill all the time. This will bevery difficult to fly without the pan function.

I personally would not like to fly without picloc anymore.

Could someone tell me where to purchase picloc products and also who to call to discuss them. Can't seem to find much on the Web.

Thanks!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

GeorgeM

@Derek.,,, thanks for the kind words.... next time you purchase another Picloc, I'll send you 'double dose' of candy :) ;) :)

JFYI.... Derek's Roll axis is pendulum type, assisted with a 'double link' servo... if I remember correctly.

JFYI.... Derek's Roll axis is pendulum type, assisted with a 'double link' servo... if I remember correctly.

That was the old version. Here is a picture of the present gimbal
It is belt driven with external poti.

As I like candy very much, yes I could do with a picloc for a friend. If you have one for me I would get my own spare picloc back which I have been lending to my friend.

Regards

Derek