Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

holco

I am trying to go back from 56-70-3x to E055 because of the slow return to center, flashed the picloc pro without any problem to E055 but whatever I do I can not get connected to any toolz!!
When I put back the 56-70 firmware everything is ok and working?? Also 56-33 will not work anymore with any toolz.

Can someone please tell me the route to go back?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
holco i had the same problem. Reflashed it a couple times with the older FW versions and is worked with the old toolz again all of a sudden. I dont know though what i did differently in my tries :(

make sure continous updates are off before connecting with the older toolz version, but I am pretty sure you thought of it.

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

holco

Boris,

Yes I know the ins and outs of the picloc ;) but this puzzles me!!

Mario

holco i had the same problem. Reflashed it a couple times with the older FW versions and is worked with the old toolz again all of a sudden. I dont know though what i did differently in my tries :(

make sure continous updates are off before connecting with the older toolz version, but I am pretty sure you thought of it.

Boris

holco

Btw, which toolz do you use with E055?

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I am actually back to 053 since that is the only FW version that gets me any acceptable results on my CS gimbal without massiv drift etc. But 53 after flashing it one again didnt work with the 53 tool only with the HD 55 tool which was a funny one, but of coarse not all variables could be selected or changed. After several flashes back and forward it finally worked again.

Boris

holco

Boris, is there a way you can share the 053 with me? my backups go back to 2011_12_24_P3X_v055_PRO

Mario

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Mario,

I should still have it on my little Asus, It will take some time since i have to find the the charger :),

but i will pm you and put it on a websever once i have it.

Boris

Skysurf

Same here, I also find v053 to work the best. If you look at page 57 of this thread (post 570), you will find a link that will allow you to download the .hex file and the appropriate version of the tools.

/Jesper

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Unfortunately that link is for v.055.

Boris, if you found FW v053 and its accompanying Toolz on "your little Asus" can you post it somewhere please?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay thats all i could find. I dont know which setup file it the 53 version its in there for sure. The only problem is that none of the setup files work anymore once connecting to rotorpics.com during the setup procedure. But try it maybe it just my routing or some other BS at the moment

http://sprealinvest.at/picloc/

Boris

Save as .... first hex file and you got the 53 version

Skysurf

Unfortunately that link is for v.055.

Boris, if you found FW v053 and its accompanying Toolz on "your little Asus" can you post it somewhere please?

Sorry, my bad. What issues did you guys have with v.055? I think it seems quite stable except for a slight drift on the roll axis every now and then.

/Jesper

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
...The only problem is that none of the setup files work anymore once connecting to rotorpics.com during the setup procedure...

Yep. The Toolz files all get nobbled by rotorpics.

It looks like The George has left the planet again.

Skysurf

Did some testing with the Picloc yesterday using v.055. I think it behaves pretty well. I am going to try some different setting on roll to see if I can get it any better. But all in all I am actually quite happy with the results. I am buying another one today. :)

/Jesper

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Did some testing with the Picloc yesterday using v.055....

I liked it. Good sensible flying and the PL was holding well in the pans, and the stops and starts at the end.
What camera and which mount?

That is presumably not a raw camera file, given the aspect ratio, but did you have to sharpen or dial in some post-stab for that?

Skysurf

MombasaFlash,

There has been no post stabilization to the clip. I added the frames because I think it looks nice, and I was hoping that it would have less loss when uploaded on Vimeo. I am finding it very hard to upload videos without significant loss in quality.
This was filmed with the Sony NEX-FS100 at 1080p and 60f/s. The video uploaded is 720p and 30f/s. For some reason 720p looks better to me than 1080p when playing on Vimeo. Of course the original footage is a lot smoother at 60f/s.

The cameramount and octo is our own design.

/Jesper