Other Hubsan H501S

James4357

I am debating.on getting the Hubsan H501S for my first quad. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with these as the reviews ive seen have been rather mixed.
Thanks.

Jkosmo

I am debating.on getting the Hubsan H501S for my first quad

I've built and flown a few 250 and 450 quads over the years before borrowing and flying my daughter's 501S for a few weeks. I like the Hubsan... Very easy and fun to fly if I'm tired or feeling lazy. It's a 2S so relatively slow, and very forgiving in gps loiter mode. The downside is that since it's all black with basically no lights visible from a distance, it is easy to get disoriented. Still, not a problem since you can throw it into RTL and it comes right back . Very reliable, no techical issues. I'd recommend buying a good balance charger intead of relying on the simple charger it comes with . Also, get a rechargeable for the transmitter otherwise you'll spend a fortune on AA's. Video is good for reference but not cinematic, of course .I also like the detailed telemetry for monitoring altitude and rx battery. Honestly, a great starting point and fun place to start in the hobby