S500 build ESC/Motor problem

JPG23

I'm in the middle of building an S500 frame quadcopter. So far I'm installed the components as follows:

Frame: S500 quad
Motors - 4X DJI 2212 920kv
ESC - 4X Hobbywing Skywalker 40A
FC: DJI Naza M Lite
RX / TX - Walkera RX701 / Walkera DEVO 7

I already went through the DJI Naza M Assistant and setup the TX to my preferences as follows:

FMD - Off, Home Lock, Course Lock
MIX - GPS Atti, Atti, Fail Safe
AUX 2 - Gimbal Pitch
RX Off - Failsafe

Now that you know my setup, here's the issue I'm encountering; once I completed the assembly and programming, upon arming the motors (without props), the motors are starting at the "recommended" speed but when I accelerate they do not go anymore than 25-30% acceleration (my best guess). I've tried ESC re-calibration, new motors and reverse throttle setting on TX and assistant. I am stuck now and would love to figure out this issue today so I can get some fireworks footage tomorrow if possible.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

Chalagi

My guess is that your end points on your tx are not low enough on the "-" side nor high enough on the "+" side. Fix your tx this way and then re-calibrate your esc's.

JPG23

My guess is that your end points on your tx are not low enough on the "-" side nor high enough on the "+" side. Fix your tx this way and then re-calibrate your esc's.
That's a great point. Here's what I have now, I just checked the TX and it says 100% on +/- in the travel adjustment setting. That's the default setting, what should I try putting it to?

Chalagi

On your tx endpoints run the -100% down to say -115 or -120 and on the +100% said run the end pint to mybe +115 or +120. Then recalibrate your esc's and see what happens.

JPG23

On your tx endpoints run the -100% down to say -115 or -120 and on the +100% said run the end pint to mybe +115 or +120. Then recalibrate your esc's and see what happens.
I did that just now and have concluded that the problem is the Naza FC because the motors are all spooling up without props now but as soon as I put props on (proper rotation) they all start together but upon throttling up to take off, one side stops.
Any ideas?

Chalagi

Check battery voltage in each cell and the overall battery voltage. If running a 3 cell 1300Mah battery and 2 cells are below 3.0 it would act that same way.

JPG23

Could there be a short
So guess what? Turns out the Naza is just fine (what a relief) but I have 2 bad esc's, I got the other 2 to calibrate and accelerate full speed with and without props, the other 2 shutoff and stutter at 67% throttle. They're old and have been used on 2 other builds, so I should be getting the new ones in on Monday. Oh well, I'm using my syma x8c to record fireworks tonight, it's a stable craft but no gps.