Another Hello from sunny milton keynes

combatxe2

HI all
Just purchased myself a Gaui 330xs to get me into this multi rotor hobby.
Been flying helis and Planks for years and saw some FPV footage from quads and thought ive got to try this, Frame is all built getting new RX today so flying by weekend.........Cant wait.

Cheers

Mark

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Welcome to MRF Mark..there are a couple of you in that area now..

Good luck and jump in with any tech help you need.. I am sure it will be a walk in the park for you BUT be warned its ADDICTIVE!

Dave

Hello Neighbour, can't believe I missed your post.

How are getting on with your Gaui? Have you found a good place to fly around MK yet?

Wayne (actually in Woburn Sands but what's in a few miles?)

combatxe2

Well howdy neighbour, yeah the gaui is great fun as a starter, defiantly want to go for something a bit more advanced next, but will fly the hell out of the gaui first.
I have been flying at bury field in newport pagnell for years, no club to worry about just common land and there is a strip mowed most of the time.
Must admit I have been thinking of going to aspley woods and taking the quad for a bit of filming.
Cheers
Mark

I'm starting from scratch with my MR's, probably the wrong way to learn how to fly though.

I've filmed a bit up at the 'jump spot' in Asply woods, must cut it together and post it some time. Took it right into the trees, very nerve racking! Will go again when it's busier and film the guys riding the jums (no one was there first time so I could practice).

One of these days I'll get round to organising a local multi rotor gathering to fly inside our huge empty warehouse over in Kingston. Will give you a heads up when I do finally get a date.

combatxe2

Thats exactly what i was thinking over at Aspley woods, be good in the summer with all the brave ones on their Mountain/BMX bikes, seen them ride there before and got some great photos, if i was 20 years younger i would have a go my self but my days of doing crazy jumps are long gone.

The warehouse sounds interesting, where about's in Kingston is it?
So i take it MR's is what you have learned to fly on??? Fair play to you.

It's just opposite eurobuns, we relocated earlier in the year and are yet to find a tenant for the old place. It's plenty big enough to fly MR's in and get some speed up.

Learning would be more appropriate than learnt. I'm also practicing with coax micro helis in the house while it's dark and windy out.

combatxe2

Video looks good to me, strange wave effect at some point but looks good all the same, shame you didnt get the guy doing the jump at the end in full frame.
just got my HD170 stealth Drift so will be having a play with that over the next few days.
Just out of curiosity what editing software do you use?

Using iMovie, I'm not doing anything pro so it does the job OK for now. Eventually I would like something that can do a really goo job of image stabilisation to iron it the movements that the gimbal can't.

The guy in the shot was just chance, I scared the crap out of him! Oops.

Bowley

Wayno, The video editing and stabilizing thing is all new to me. I find it takes out some wobbles but puts in its own wierd jumps and bumps. Thing is, I need it now as my stabilized mount induces more juddering than I get with a fixed gopro and gaui 330. Oh its all getting complicated now. It aint easy. I doff my cap to all the aces out there getting smooth video.

Hey Mark i see you've uploaded some vid from your quad. Looks like you found a slightly less windy day to fly, not many I those at the moment.

Just got back in the air with a new quad http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?t=1735 so if you have time to meet up for a fly just give me a shout.

The warehouse to fly in looks like it has a new tenant so I've had to return the keys, shame. I've been flying in school fields while the kids are off as there is plenty of space but if you have a preferred spot then I can just meet you there.

Hope to meet up at some point.

combatxe2

Hi Wayne
Took my chances as got seriously bored of looking at the trees bending and just went out, little bit cold and raining but gusts of only 10mph ish I thought what the hell.
Looks good out there today at the moment.

Just checked too, low level looks good but it's windy higher up. Got some flappy trees about 10' high at the bottom of the garden I use as my wind speed guide, they are still. Then there are some bloody tall trees in the distance I can see moving a lot today.

May have to get out while the going is good!