Can I expect 30+min flight time with 1000mm hexa copter

traxx2003

Hello everyone! I've been looking at the Skyhero Spyder 6 hexa for quite some time now. After loosing my Align M480 last June, I've always wanted to setup another large multi. This time around I want redundancy. But I also want long flight times. So is it really possible to achieve 30+ of flight time with a Spyder 6 hexa? Bellow is the setup I have in mind:

Spyder6 1000mm frame
KDE 4014 380KV
17x5.8 CF props
Super X FC
TATTU 6S 16000mah or 22000mah

Thanks!!

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
But what's the payload or are you just wanting to stay up for 30 mins for pure flying pleasure?

fltundra

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 277

traxx2003

At this moment it will be for just for some long range FPV and extended sessions of sport flying. But I do plan to carry a gopro/ gimbal setup but not all the time.

fltundra

Here's with different motors and a 1 kg over frame weight. You really need to get eCalc, and run the numbers. Your limited by 18 inch props at that frame diameter also.
View attachment 26089

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 273

traxx2003

I have ecalc but it does not allow me to input accurate weight for lipos. For instance, did you noticed the indicated weight for a 16kmah 6s battery? 350g; unless I'm misreading, that is way off. My Pulse 16000mah 6s is at least three times that.

fltundra

I have ecalc but it does not allow me to input accurate weight for lipos. For instance, did you noticed the indicated weight for a 16kmah 6s battery? 350g; unless I'm misreading, that is way off. My Pulse 16000mah 6s is at least three times that.
That's per cell weight.:) The tattu 12,000 is 322g instead of 350g with the Eclac default weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

traxx2003

That makes perfect sense! thanks fltundra for your responses. It is always nice to receive good info from those who have the knowledge.